1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Michigan LCO's

Discussion in 'Network: Central' started by tiedeman, Sep 4, 2003.

1. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

how is the dry weather treating everybody? This first week of September has been horrible. We are about $200 to $300 gross below our daily average.

:angry:

2. Moguy

Moguy LawnSite Member

I have only a few accounts that don't use sprinklers so it hasn't been horrible for me. We have had cooler nights with a few sprinkles over the past couple weeks in the Detroit Metro area. If you don't mind me asking, what areas or services has your gross down?

3. tiedeman

from earth

in mowing the gross is down...only about 50% of the customers have sprinkler systems.

4. GreenQuest Lawn

GreenQuest Lawn LawnSite Senior Member

I skipped a few this week, Not too many. The cool weather and the heavy dew does help. If it was 90 out, oh man things would be terrible.

Mother Nature is just storing all that precip for this winter................BRING IT ON!:D

5. wriken

wriken LawnSite Silver Member

Pretty dry in Mt. Pleasant, where probably 80% of my clients are, maybe down 10% over there. Not bad in rest of ares.

6. wriken

wriken LawnSite Silver Member

Mother Nature is just storing all that precip for this winter................BRING IT ON!:D [/B][/QUOTE]

sure hope so, would like cold weather also to make Ice for racing.

7. tiedeman

from earth

I checked the 10 day forecast for Central Michigand and it looks like nothing but Sun and Partly Sunny for the next 10 days.

8. mtdman

mtdman LawnSite Gold Member

Things are growing like crazy down here in sunny A2. I haven't had to skip more than a handful of folks all year. Cool nights and lots of rain here lately.

:D

9. craigs lawncare

craigs lawncare LawnSite Senior Member

Hi everyone, I am relatively new to this site and just thought I would chime in from Jackson MI.
    I have to say, I am with mtdmaster on this one. I am mowing about every six days on all my accounts. Even some of the more dry ones. As the summer goes on, I gradually raise my deck to just under four inches so I believe this has really helped me.

Craig:blob3:

10. craigs lawncare

craigs lawncare LawnSite Senior Member

Anyone care in sharing who they have for liability insurance.
    My current insurer just raised my premiums so I am looking elsewhere.
    Craig