1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Michigan LCO's

Discussion in 'Network: Central' started by tiedeman, Sep 4, 2003.

1. Cross Cut

Cross Cut LawnSite Member
    from SE Mi

I am considering a Stander this year. Anyone in the SE area have experience with Wright?
  2. Metro Lawn

Metro Lawn LawnSite Silver Member

They make a good product, the things we did not like about them were that the operators get tired of standing and it was hard to get close to some trees ect. because you are so tall standing on the machine rather than sitting.
  3. Jason Pallas

Jason Pallas LawnSite Bronze Member

I fixed one a Stander for a guy (I do a lot of mechanic work for other companies too). To test it out I cut part of my backyard (which is about 2 acres). I couldn't wait to get off the thing. With their design ALL of the shock absorbing is done by your lower back. It's very stressful and tiring. Your lower back will be killing you if you cut more than 10 minutes on it. You can't flex you knees like a Velkie - so all the energy is directly transferred to your back.
    A field demo/rep stopped me last year (out of no where on my route) and had me field demo several of their mowers. I hated them.... same problem. They're a unique design - but not well thought out for operator fatigue and ease of use. They were also a little bit of a beeeacth to work on..... lots of stuff crammed together. I wouldn't buy one. If I was given one, I'd probably sell it and buy something else.
  4. Mowerboy04

Mowerboy04 LawnSite Bronze Member

does anyone have a 7x16-7x20 trailer for sale??? it can be open or enclosed i'm startin to look for one. i also have a 6.5x12 trailer i'm willing to trade or sell. let me know if you can help me out.
  5. Watson's Landscaping

Watson's Landscaping LawnSite Senior Member

hey guys thanks for the infor on the insurance...
  6. terrapro

terrapro LawnSite Bronze Member

check your pm's, i forgot to give you my ins agents info
  7. terrapro

terrapro LawnSite Bronze Member

let me know more about your 6.5x12 trailer. i have been trying to buy one for a while. right now i am looking at a NEW 6x12 landscape trailer with gate, treated wood floor, brakes, and with two 3500lb axles(7000lb total) for $1500.
  8. M and S Lawn Care

M and S Lawn Care LawnSite Senior Member

how much are you looking to spend?
  9. Jason Pallas

Jason Pallas LawnSite Bronze Member

Ok - here's my annual survey. Taxes are now being tallied - so everyone knows by now.... How much did you spend on FUEL last year?

We spent just over 21k
  10. Mowerboy04

Mowerboy04 LawnSite Bronze Member

the trailer is 6.5x12 single 3500lb axel, drop gate, rack and tool box on the front, its a 2003. need to get about $1000 for it.