1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Michigan LCO's

Discussion in 'Network: Central' started by tiedeman, Sep 4, 2003.

1. esshaki

esshaki LawnSite Member

thats gotta be the biggest hunk of crap ive heard lol. who the heck would pay $5000 for accounts, when you can go out and get them your self. Especially for $5000 you gotta be a real dum a$$ to pay that. If you run a reputable business thats licensed and insured there is no limit to the amount of business or accounts you can have. I started 5years ago and have slowly built my operation from the ground up we maintain over 400 homes and about 20commercial accounts on a weekly basis, lots of spring and fall clean ups, mulch, annuals,fertilizer, we do it all except pestcides. Within the last three years we have begun to start building up for landscaping business and that is doing great, hoping this year will be good but with our economic times in michigan it sure gonna be tight. So for anyone who is just starting or has started and is running a legitimate business i highly suggest not to pay someone to give you accounts.
  2. LawncareAmericaLLC

LawncareAmericaLLC LawnSite Senior Member

Well i just bought 200 of them for 7500.00. I think its well worth it.
  3. P.Services

P.Services LawnSite Fanatic

yeah buddy you BOUGHT 200 for 7,500. i would pay that to. who the heck is gona pay 5 grand just to be your sub for $19 a lawn, then you skim 10 bucks off each lawn on top of that.

pay to work? i will pass.

i would have used some better wording to express what i think of you and your deal but i know the mods keep a close eye on me. you insult the lawn site members to think any of us are so dumb.
  4. DreamtheGreen

DreamtheGreen LawnSite Member

I've seen it BAD in my area. $17 fora cut and these are 7000 sq foot and up yards. Then theres a guy dropping doorhangers on mailboxes offering Fert service prices on the hangers and he isnt even licensed.

Who else out there services Birmingham and Bloomfield area.
  5. LawncareAmericaLLC

Picasso, I ws just joking i would never pay for account when i can go out and get them for free.:laugh:
  6. M and S Lawn Care

M and S Lawn Care LawnSite Senior Member

Oh the fun of spring, when we all get worked up about the other guys offering crap service at cheap prices. :)

I'm in the process of passing out flyers.. I'm amazed at how many other ones there are. In one sub, I saw 13 different company's flyers for lawn care, fert, and landscaping.

Believe it or not, yard signs have worked the best so far, I put 5 out and within a day I got 3 calls. One for a decent tree/brush removal and one for fert.. Doh.. I cant do that. I'll see if I can land the job and sub it :)

Got a few calls from flyers, we only got about 1500 out so far. One guy didn't speak enough english for me to understand, and two others want lawn estimates. Fingers crossed.
  7. Mowerboy04

Mowerboy04 LawnSite Bronze Member

anyone know how to get ahold of eric from five star??? he sent me a pm a few days ago about doing some sub contracto fertilizing and now i can't get ahold of him if anyone could let me know
  8. Five Star Lawn Care LLC

Five Star Lawn Care LLC LawnSite Bronze Member

Alex....im here....give me a call whenever you can...734-812-8942
  9. M and S Lawn Care

M and S Lawn Care LawnSite Senior Member

I'm going to call you too. I've been forgetting for like 5 weeks.

Well, got the leaf box on the truck, blowers, trash cans, tarps, rakes, and mowers on the trailer, ready for cleanups tomorrow! Yes, finally!
  10. LawncareAmericaLLC

were starting on tuesday, Waiting one more day still have water coming from ground.