Michigan LCO's

Discussion in 'Network: Central' started by tiedeman, Sep 4, 2003.

1. bluesprucelawncare

bluesprucelawncare LawnSite Member

well in my case i hope i get the call to fix lowballs problems. i hope you do to and i woud raise the price! well there was a conversation on here about this same thing and the lowballer could not see why every one was telling him hes leaveing the money on the table. we dont need to deal with an association but it seems like it would help in the price battles... we could all raise prices together instead of screwing every one!

2. Leisure Time Outdoor Serv

Leisure Time Outdoor Serv LawnSite Member

Picasso,

If I was to lower the loader, I would be afraid of it hitting the truck when i make sharp turns

3. Mimowerman

Mimowerman LawnSite Senior Member

That Was me!!! LOL NOT!!!! I'm actually quite suprised, I got a call a few days ago from a lady on galway drive(novi nville border ) whose lawn service went hunting instead of doing a final fall clean up . it is nasty but managable. I bid $290 for leaves and $27 for the weekely cut. She hired me in a heartbeat..... lawn is nothing,Shes also intrested in mulch (15 yards) and her fall clean up will more than likely be $400+ . I also wanted to charge her extra to pick up all the lawn pro flyers blowing around the neighborhood lol !!! but I decided not to .

4. alternative

alternative LawnSite Senior Member

Its way too early to start worrying... general rule as long as ive been in this business (almost 20 yrs) "When Easter is late - for some odd reason work seems to come in late"
    And this year Easter is in mid April.
    Things will pick up...(i hope?):laugh:

5. M and S Lawn Care

M and S Lawn Care LawnSite Senior Member

Lawn Pro flyers blowing around the neighborhood? Yikes.. I hope not.

I think for the most part people appreciate good service and professionalism over low prices, but those who dont really care are sure getting a good deal this year!

6. bluesprucelawncare

i suppose it makes us appreciate the good customers who understand and pay for quality

7. M and S Lawn Care

M and S Lawn Care LawnSite Senior Member

I love today. My phone is beginning to ring a bunch!

Hoo-Ray.

I know we're all worried about getting jobs, but, it's out there, we just need to be patient and keep up our good work.

8. bluesprucelawncare

its nice to hear that hopefully we will all start to get some calls... i have had only 10 this spring and 4 where middle eastern (i assume) i couldn't even understand them. not being racist just saying

9. lawnbandit

lawnbandit LawnSite Member

my phone is starting to ring more.:terribletowel::terribletowel::terribletowel:

10. RVC_Lawncare

RVC_Lawncare LawnSite Member

Blah, it seems for every bid i get a call for i seem to lose another account....got 7 so far saying the are either doing it themselves,hiring another company or dont have the money for it...I have signed up almost that amount of new business though.I still dont like losing business, i take it personally.