Michigan LCO's

Discussion in 'Network: Central' started by tiedeman, Sep 4, 2003.

1. greenstar lawn

greenstar lawn LawnSite Senior Member

where would you go to get it inspected?

2. M and S Lawn Care

M and S Lawn Care LawnSite Senior Member

This morning was exciting, I got 145 yards of mulch dumped in the middle of my neighbor's road... the semi drove off the road while backing up and got stuck, and we had no other choice to dump the load where the truck was at, then move ALL of it for the truck to get out.

Two loaders and two hours later, we got it all cleared away. Pics to come soon!

With that being said, I'd like to get this pile gone as fast as possible.. it's not in the best spot. If anyone needs some nice shredded hardwood, let me know. (It's at 7/Chub).

Oh boy, what a morning!

3. M and S Lawn Care

Are you kidding? I hope you didn't have to pay all of them!

Boys.. remember I can cut your DOT #'s for you cheap... PM if you need them.

4. Brett's Cutting Edge

Brett's Cutting Edge LawnSite Member
    from novi

I think Belle tire truck centers do the inspections, I also think that Harolds Frame shop does it. I know they are very strict on tire tread, if it looks low i heard that they are making you buy new tires, I believe that all the tread patters have to be that same on the vehicle to.

I had the folloowing tickets,
    1. No Identification on the truck
    2. Saftey chains not crossed
    3. Triangles were not in the truck (I had them in the trailer)
    4. Same as above but with Fire extinguisher
    5. No Med Card
    6. No Chauffeur License
    7. Window tint
    8. No city where business operated out of on the truck

I went and fought at the city and one of my customers is one of the lawyers for Farmington Hills so I talked to him and he was able to pull a few strings so I only had to "Plead Guilty" to not med card.

5. terrapro

terrapro LawnSite Bronze Member

well looks like ill have to call my mechanic buddies up and get an inspection :rolleyes:

Hey Brett, whats the safety chains not crossed thing about?

Last edited: Apr 15, 2009
  6. M and S Lawn Care

dont you know, if you're chains aren't crossed they dont work.. (said sarcastically)

I think that's ********.. if a trailer falls off you're going to have bigger problems than the front of your trailer swinging out an extra foot.

Whats the deal with the Chauffeur's license? Are we supposed to have one of those too?

I wish there was a clear, easy to understand set of rules somewhere.

7. LawncareAmericaLLC

LawncareAmericaLLC LawnSite Senior Member

All commercial drivers have to have a medical card and a chauffeurs license. So pretty much all lawn cutters have to have these things. Even if your hauling a 10ft trailer with only 1 machine you must have them. It is going to be a fun year for us and tickets, when you think you know whats going on theres somthing new you learn. Go to www.truckingsafety.org and this will give ypou all the info you need.

8. Brett's Cutting Edge

from novi

I had the chains running parallel to each other and he said they needed to forum a X

9. terrapro

terrapro LawnSite Bronze Member

OHHHH the safety chains for the trailer hookup...yep, I always cross them. My dad actually taught me that when I was a kid, I didnt know it was a law though. How stupid is that one!

10. Brett's Cutting Edge

from novi

Its supposed to catch the tongue of the trailer if it came loose but will actually make the trailer swing side to side.