1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Michigan LCO's

Discussion in 'Network: Central' started by tiedeman, Sep 4, 2003.

1. M and S Lawn Care

M and S Lawn Care LawnSite Senior Member

Lets get some stuff done this week!

Thursday: Sunny, with a high near 61. North northeast wind around 6 mph becoming east southeast.

Friday: Sunny, with a high near 66. Calm wind becoming west around 6 mph.

Saturday: Mostly sunny, with a high near 66.

2. chepamab

chepamab LawnSite Member

Where can I go to get an inspection done? I'm in Macomb county.

3. alternative

alternative LawnSite Senior Member

Find a truck repair shop, call around. Ive also heard that you as the company owner can perform your own DOT Inspection, although, I think the tags/stickers are pretty expensive to buy through the state forms company. Make sure you have some idea about the condition of your truck as they (the mechanic) can rip you off... anything from a bad tierod to an oil leak can cause failure of the test.

4. terrapro

terrapro LawnSite Bronze Member

Im going to find out about that do it yourself owner inspection! I hate mechanics even if they are friends.

5. Brett's Cutting Edge

Brett's Cutting Edge LawnSite Member
    from novi

Its all stupid cause no one can give a straight answer on these rules. If we are able to do our own inspections that would be nice. Any mechanic that you take your truck to will try to find anything they can and give you a story cause they think you dont know the condition of it.

6. terrapro

terrapro LawnSite Bronze Member

M and S Lawn Care just wanted to say the vinyl you cut me looks great!

7. Metro Lawn

Metro Lawn LawnSite Silver Member

I am not certain, but I am guessing you are correct. I have always ran my trailer chains in an X, but when I had the towing company we secured towed vehicles using =.

8. LawncareAmericaLLC

LawncareAmericaLLC LawnSite Senior Member

yea u can do your own inspections on your truck and trailer only thing is if there is somthing wrong when you get pulled over its big fines. I think they frown on owners doing it themselves. Also there is a website were you can order inspection stickers, ill have to find it out.

9. Metro Lawn

I took a couple of pics at the yard today. The "F" word... white plow truck I bought a few months back is now ready for summer along with my Craigslist $1600 special (back up dump truck). lol

316754323113_0_BG.jpg

226754323113_0_BG.jpg

716754323113_0_BG.jpg

10. Metro Lawn

Our mechanic shop sells the 2 part forms which include the decals for $5 each. If anyone needs them, let me know. I can mail them if out of the area.