Michigan LCO's

Discussion in 'Network: Central' started by tiedeman, Sep 4, 2003.

1. Sammy

Sammy LawnSite Bronze Member

Guy's, get your own FREE D.O.T. Annual Vehicle Inspection Report here !

http://www.fmcsa.dot.gov/forms/print/irm.htm

If you feel that you want a decal also, you can get the form plus the decal on the web for about a $1.20 each.

How come no one has spoke about the Driver D.I.R. ?

(Daily Inspection Report)

2. terrapro

terrapro LawnSite Bronze Member

I knew you could get the report for free. I am after the inspection sticker.

You can also find med cards online too for free.

3. Smithers

Smithers LawnSite Silver Member

saw a few lawn rigs stopped by the cops today on 96. be careful out there.

4. M and S Lawn Care

M and S Lawn Care LawnSite Senior Member

Heh, in 30 mintutes of driving this morning while picking up a trailer and some stuff, i saw 5 or 6 cops waiting to pull people over.. Stupid.

5. miketull8

miketull8 LawnSite Member

so let me get this straight.....If I am in my pickup, pulling a trailer, I have to have DOT's? I thought that was only if you were over 10,000 GVW...right?

6. LawncareAmericaLLC

LawncareAmericaLLC LawnSite Senior Member

I would have them just in case. They are hitting everybody for anything. i would get them

7. M and S Lawn Care

M and S Lawn Care LawnSite Senior Member

Seeing as how it's free to register and stickers are cheap, for the few bucks it'll cost you, I'd do it.

I got my chauffeurs license yesterday. Yay. Just need a medical card. I haven't been to the doctors in 11 years except for a tetanus shot....

8. LawncareAmericaLLC

LawncareAmericaLLC LawnSite Senior Member

come no one has spoke about the Driver D.I.R. ?

(Daily Inspection Report)[/QUOTE]

I thought that was for truck drivers not landscapers. Is there somthing new again?

9. Sharpcut 1

Sharpcut 1 LawnSite Senior Member

When I worked for a large Eastside company as far back as 10 years ago, they had daily driver inspection reports. Covered all tires, lights, fluid levels, squirters, horns, ect. for both truck and trailer.

If you're driving a company truck, and there is no DOT #'s and or inspection stickers, fire extingisher, ect. it's the DRIVERS problem, not the company, as far as police or DOT is concerned. They can fine both the driver and the company, IIRC.

10. dcondon

dcondon LawnSite Silver Member

I was talking with our local weight master today and he was telling me that any trailer weighing over 700 lbs has to have brakes, even single axle. Red and white reflective tape on all sides of the trailer and the list keeps going on...