1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Michigan LCO's

Discussion in 'Network: Central' started by tiedeman, Sep 4, 2003.

1. Five Star Lawn Care LLC

Five Star Lawn Care LLC LawnSite Bronze Member

i have 30-40 yards of good hardwood mulch to get rid of.

its in north livonia and im selling it for $16.00 yard....will only have means to load it untill tomorrow night.....after that you will have to bring your own loader or skid steer.

PM me if your interested

2. M and S Lawn Care

M and S Lawn Care LawnSite Senior Member

email sent eric!

3. terrapro

terrapro LawnSite Bronze Member

I hope no one planted any annuals. We have some heavy frost here in Livingston County!

I always wait to put my customers in until atleast the 15 of May.

4. Tight Angles

Tight Angles LawnSite Senior Member

I had this one customer for 9 years and just last week we met for the first time. I was hilarious. Kinda crazy how you can go that long with out ever meeting someone. I have other long time customers too that come out and ask to talk to "Jason" not knowing I'm standing right in front of them. It also occured to me today that I think I'm cutting James Wisniewski's parents house from the Aniheim Ducks in Plymouth. I'm not absolutetly positive, but they have the same last name and he is from Plymouth-Canton.

5. M and S Lawn Care

Yeah, funny how that can happen. I have some people that I've been servicing for a while now and have never met them, and some I see every week.

The most "famous" person I work for is Steve Violetta, the VP of Business Affairs for the Wings. Close enough..

6. TL Yardcare

TL Yardcare LawnSite Member

im only 16 but trying to get into some different jobs: mulching fertlizing etc. i only have about 10-15 accounts, but want to make some extra money to buy some better equipment. I've laid a lot of mulch in a summer job last year I just don't really know how to make a bid for it..

I know triple, double, cost 80-100 per yard yada yada but how do I actually find out how much mulch I need.. LxWX 2.5-3 inches? then convert to yards? any tips i should know? :confused: sorry for the dumb questions just new to this area.

thanks for any help

p.s. if anyone hse some lawns they want to ditch or sub out in the macomb area leave me a pm:waving:

7. P.Services

P.Services LawnSite Fanatic

oh boy i can hear it coming............

8. M and S Lawn Care

1. You best not do much fertilization, you can get in big doo doo.

2. 80-100/yard? Are you kidding? I'd be rich if I charged that much! I'd be more in the 50-65 range.

3. Measure L X W (yards) and then divide the area by 12 for 3", 18 for 2". If you're measuring in feet, divide by 9 also. So far I've laid almost 250 yards of mulch this year and I have another 70 waiting.. after a while you get pretty fast at this stuff.

9. M and S Lawn Care

haha.. i did it.

10. TL Yardcare

TL Yardcare LawnSite Member

yeah i figured, just had a few people mention some fertilizing and was just going to do a lawn or two. thanks for the help, and the 80-100 per/yd was is the home owner was just doing a couple yards. theres some pretty small jobs in my area. still too high? not sure if i should even bother with mulch..

320 yards? sounds like a blast..