Michigan LCO's

Discussion in 'Network: Central' started by tiedeman, Sep 4, 2003.

1. TheXpress2002

TheXpress2002 LawnSite Member

FYI....Here in Canton they seem to be cracking down big time on commercial vehicles. The diesel bear had 2 separate trucks pulled over this morning. Then this afternoon ran two red lights and almost crashed when the right lane ended on Ford Road just to pull up next to me to check the numbers.

2. LawncareAmericaLLC

LawncareAmericaLLC LawnSite Senior Member

Man was it nice today. Love the fact we all can get some work down and calm the lawns. Layed 15yrds of mulch by hand today and it sucked. Could not get a barrel in the back yard so had to put it in garbage cans and drag it to the bedding areas. SUCKED. It was a good day one of my customers is giving me a 29ft travelcraft in great condition just needs tread and a tune up. Cant what till the fourth and im gone up north to the dunes with my buggy and quads dont forget the beer. Hope everyone has a great weekend.

3. 24v6spd

24v6spd LawnSite Senior Member

What is that a motorhome? Would that be Silver Lake dunes I love going there but haven't been in years.

4. jdenys

jdenys LawnSite Member

So i thought this would make some people laugh. Im training a new guy and today was his first day on the job. We went through 54 feet of trimmer line, i sure hope this gets better because he went through that like water. :)

5. LawncareAmericaLLC

Yea its a motorhome. the guy is like 85yrs old and he said its been sitting for about 6yrs since his wife died. He told me he has no more use for it and would like to give it to me for the years of service i have provided. Its a 1985 but only has 45,000 miles and is like brand new inside, so i said sure ill take and go up to silver lake since i have never been.
    Morale of the story is hard work pays off or am i just lucky. LOL

6. 24v6spd

24v6spd LawnSite Senior Member

That is one sweet deal. You will love Silver Lake it's loads of fun. Just make sure you have your ORV stickers and your flags.

7. Leisure Time Outdoor Serv

Leisure Time Outdoor Serv LawnSite Member

Ya we got that place down to a science now. Thanks,

8. LawncareAmericaLLC

Yea i cant wait to go, thinking 4 of july weekend. I make sure to have orv stickers & flags. Lost a client today cause she told me that my blades are not sharp even though i sharpen them evey 3 days, oh well cant make eveyone happy. Have a great weekend guys.

9. LawnVet

LawnVet LawnSite Member
    from SE MI

Tell her she's free to stick her finger under the deck while you're mowing to check the sharpness.

10. LawnVet

LawnVet LawnSite Member
    from SE MI

Months of clouds, snow/rain etc. set me up for failure when 2 back-to-back 80 degree full sun 10-12hr days suddenly showed up. I am burnt, fried and whipped...brains, skin and muscles. Time to rehydrate :drinkup: