1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Michigan LCO's

Discussion in 'Network: Central' started by tiedeman, Sep 4, 2003.

1. Mimowerman

Mimowerman LawnSite Senior Member

haha that was you!! I Knew it wasn't a customer because not very many of them have my cell # and the crappy indian accent .
  2. Watson's Landscaping

Watson's Landscaping LawnSite Senior Member

Well what a week, I was so scared about the rain this week I went ahead and cut on Monday (no one even complained :clapping:) and now I'm all done and headed up north tomorrow.. :drinkup:
  3. JDiepstra

JDiepstra LawnSite Bronze Member

What a week............. usually I can cram everything in by the end of Thursday but I have 7 lawns to go tomorrow. Oh, and I have to be at my other job at 3 so no time to waste!

Have a good weekend fellas.
  4. Surecut Lawncare LLC

Surecut Lawncare LLC LawnSite Member
    from SE,MI

Thanks, appreciate the help
  5. LawnVet

LawnVet LawnSite Member
    from SE MI

No problem. Best to learn from others' mistakes than by making your own.
  6. Tscape

Tscape LawnSite Bronze Member

A business that applies any herbicide, insecticide, fungicide, without a written contract is absolutely breaking the law. So one of those parties is definitely wrong. Unless he is just fert, no weed control.
  7. LawnVet

LawnVet LawnSite Member
    from SE MI

Agreed! I didn't ask if he does weed control at all, but by his prices I can't imagine he does.
  8. Surecut Lawncare LLC

Surecut Lawncare LLC LawnSite Member
    from SE,MI

Question for the guys who have pickups and pull trailers.

Once a person gets their USDOT# are they also required to get a DOT inspection on the Truck and or Trailer?

Thanks, Bill
  9. terrapro

terrapro LawnSite Bronze Member

From my understanding, as soon as you register as a commercial vehicle you have to follow dot law so that would include dot#'s and the inspections.

You should just do it. The fines you would recieve greatly eclipse the upfront costs of following the regs. I assume the fines are set up to relate to the upfront cost and insurance claims so they are made to be more appealing to someone who does the math.
  10. LawncareAmericaLLC

LawncareAmericaLLC LawnSite Senior Member

Yes they do. You are considered a commercial company and have to have a inspection sticker on the truck and the trailer. Go to truckingsafty.org under truck guide and it will give you all the info you need. hope this helps
    Last edited: May 29, 2009