Michigan LCO's

Discussion in 'Network: Central' started by tiedeman, Sep 4, 2003.

1. Superior L & L

Superior L & L LawnSite Senior Member

hmmmmmmmmmmmm :nono:

2. P.Services

P.Services LawnSite Fanatic

is that all you come on here to do paul? read what i have to say and keep an eye on me?

thats all you and bishop do is read my posts and make comments on them. go find something better to do with your time. i would rather have used this site to make friends with two local companies but you act like bigbrother watching me and bishop acts like he is holding in some big secret about me.

3. Tight Angles

Tight Angles LawnSite Senior Member

So then are you cutting all those houses in that neighborhood for $15? There is certinaly nothing wrong with making a dollar a minute, but at the same time only charging that amount in my opinion is not cool. How are any other lawn services supposed to make any money then? Well, I guess thats our problem.

Here is a pic of the lawn from last year when we were cutting it. I sure am gonna miss it :) Make sure you treat it well.

100_0119.jpg

4. Leisure Time Outdoor Serv

Leisure Time Outdoor Serv LawnSite Member

That picture is deceiving............... There is three houses you have associated with that picture...

5. P.Services

P.Services LawnSite Fanatic

bbaaaaaaaaaaa hahaahahah leisure time you have been called out and cohen proved his point !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

$15 for that thats effeing crazy!!!!! hes double cutting it two!!! thats a $30 lawn minimum. you cant double cut that in 15 min either i dont care what you say so no your not making a dollar a minute.

6. Leisure Time Outdoor Serv

Well we will see this week on how long it takes me this week to cut it. There is another company cutting in there cheaper than I am. I would love to get $30.00 for a lawn that size, but it is not going to happen.

7. cuttingedge13

cuttingedge13 LawnSite Member

I remember about 10 years ago there was a company out of Commerce (or something close) called Lawn Butler's. They were charging $15 a cut for lawns in Country Ridge (Farmington Hills). I wonder how that worked out for them? Oh wait, that's right they're out of business. Remember we're all in this together. We need to be raising prices, not lowering them!

8. Leisure Time Outdoor Serv

I agree, but we are in a recession right now and things unfortunately has changed over the last few years. Everyone is looking to save a buck these days. We buy gas at the cheapest station even if it is a penny a gallon cheaper. Nobody is going to make the money we made 10 years ago. I am just glad to be working paying my bills, employees and putting some money in my pocket. Pricing has to adjust for the times, if not we will all be out of work. On another note I lost 2 of my long time customers today for the bankruptcy with General Motors.

I am not looking to get into a pi#$%$@ match or try to steal anyones customers. I would have not given him a price if I knew it was Cohens Lawn account

9. M and S Lawn Care

M and S Lawn Care LawnSite Senior Member

Stop stop stop. Lets stop arguing. On one hand, we could all raise prices. True, that would be nice. I dont like competing with people charging less than what I can do it for. On the other hand, HO's aren't swimming in $$ right now, so if it gets too pricey, they'll do it themselves.

I've been charging a few bucks less for everything this year, from lawns to mulch. Not lowballing, but staying within reason. That way people can afford it, we can stay busy, and everyone is happy. Personally I dont do any lawns for less than $20 except my mom's, and I try not to go out on a job for less than $75.00. I think that's fair to everyone.

Done.

Nice weather today. Got to try pulling with the new 250 today, 2.5 tons of boulders in the dump trailer and I couldn't tell it was back there. Got 8 MPG though.

10. procut

procut LawnSite Bronze Member

^ You charge your mom?