Michigan LCO's

Discussion in 'Network: Central' started by tiedeman, Sep 4, 2003.

1. Superior L & L

Superior L & L LawnSite Senior Member

Pulling into our office this morning there was a company mowing the Meijer across from us!!!!! It was 6:30am and raining so hard and dark you could not see infront of yourself! :hammerhead::hammerhead:

2. M and S Lawn Care

M and S Lawn Care LawnSite Senior Member

Bet that looked good. I'm a muddy mess...

3. mowerdude777

mowerdude777 LawnSite Silver Member

Was it a low baller

4. LawnVet

LawnVet LawnSite Member
    from SE MI

Not such a great day. Rain held us off but we did get some work done. Hit a vacant property that hasn't been mowed this year...that was fun. Scared a fawn out 2ft in front of me, then just a pinch down the line I chopped a nice female duck up...didn't see her and she didn't move. She was protecting her dozen or so eggs. Don't I feel like a jerk. The other guy with me said a baby rabbit almost ran under his mower. Then right at the end of the property, finishing up one last spot I hit the only major hidden object and bent the piss out of a blade. I hate late season first cuts. Oh well, should be better after this time around.

5. M and S Lawn Care

LawnVet, that wasn't the Day's property off 5 Mile was it? They have a vacant piece of land I usually mow a few times a year and I haven't heard from them, I think a few animals die in the process every time.

We were mowing a commercial property last year and Sean was going full speed ahead when a rabbit decided to come out of it's hole. I think it's safe to say that was the last time it'll be coming out of that hole.

Awfully quiet in here lately, some good work must be getting done.

Here's two pics I must share, one is a lawn we mowed today that looked especially nice, and one is a 52" ZTR in my pickup :)

Not bad for a bunch of hacks, huh Picasso?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. M and S Lawn Care

Oh yea, forgot this.

I had a Redmax 8000 BP Blower stolen from me in South Lyon yesterday. I had a guy out there doing some mulch with the blower sitting on the side of the truck that was parked on the street, and when he went to clean up, it was gone. Someone swiped it when it was spreading mulch or something. In a perfect world I'll find it on craigslist.

In case any of you come across an 8000 for sale, this one's tube broke and no longer swivels, no extension, and the tube with the handle is installed backwards (due to the break).

I'm sure this will only get worse. Those who know that pieces like this are worth $500 see us as easy targets for good $$.

7. terrapro

terrapro LawnSite Bronze Member

Nice weather we are having :rolleyes:

Hopefully it clears up and we can finish up the week.

8. M and S Lawn Care

terrapro,

I'm getting your vinyl done today. Promise.

9. Watson's Landscaping

Watson's Landscaping LawnSite Senior Member

Well who's going to be screwed for the week?? We cut like mad men yesterday to make up for the rain on Wednesday and even got one lawn ahead of were we should have been for a Thursday. Got up extra eary to maybe get a few done today before the rain hit and not five min. later it's F#%#'n pour'n out!!!!!!!! And tomorrow looks like rain too so whos cutting sunday???????????:cry: :cry: :cry:

10. M and S Lawn Care

Might be Sunday.. that would suck.

Watson's.. how do you like your Echo Bed Redefiner?