Michigan LCO's

Discussion in 'Network: Central' started by tiedeman, Sep 4, 2003.

1. brookline

brookline LawnSite Senior Member

How does macoo work do you have to do all the body work and tape it or what? Seems really cheap prices there I was just wondering what the catch was

2. P.Services

P.Services LawnSite Fanatic

no not at all. they do good work and they sand/tape. they do body work to but you pay extra. what macco did you call? what are you getting painted and what are they charging?

3. brookline

brookline LawnSite Senior Member

Oh I haven't called any one I just have heard of how cheap their prices are and was just wondering how they do. I am looking to get a used truck to plow so I'm just kind of keeping it in mind as far as their work and prices while I look for a truck

4. NIXRAY

NIXRAY LawnSite Senior Member

OK, To keep this to the point,
    This past week I became a "3rd party contractor" for a contractor doing HUD's
    My job entails doing nothing but lawns (some before and after pics and some paper work, but that's not all that bad), I do use the primary contracting company's equipment (trailer/wb/ztr/blower/trimmer etc) BUT I do have to travel all over BFE.
    My question is has anyone else done this type of work via a 3rd party contract?
    Any other information regarding this topic would be greatly appreciated

5. Metro Lawn

Metro Lawn LawnSite Silver Member

Mike, I think Lewis has a portable grinder you can rent.

6. Metro Lawn

Metro Lawn LawnSite Silver Member

Jason, just like the movie. Last house on the left... (north side)

7. Mimowerman

Mimowerman LawnSite Senior Member

I posted on plowsite as well, but looking for a faster response..... anyone know of a good attorney( I suppose there are not many) to get a contract drawn up for snow removal? No sense reinventing the wheel if a lawyer in the area already has a version they can adapt to fit my needs. and while I'm at it ... how much has everyone else payed for something like this to be done?

8. M and S Lawn Care

M and S Lawn Care LawnSite Senior Member

Just do it yourself, it's not rocket science. Peolpe seem to overthink snow removal contracts- as long as you state the obvious and cover yourself, you should be all set. Thta's what insurance is for.

9. cuttingedge13

cuttingedge13 LawnSite Member

I made my contract from a template that was published in the MGIA (used to be MDLA) trade magazine about 12 years ago. Just about everybody I know uses some variation of it. It is one, two sided sheet of paper and not to complicated. I Think if you hired a lawyer to draw something up that would actually hold up in court it would be 32 pages and no one would ever sign it.

10. terrapro

terrapro LawnSite Bronze Member