Michigan LCO's

Discussion in 'Network: Central' started by tiedeman, Sep 4, 2003.

1. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

Ok as of last night we received just under a foot in snow on Wednesday, so around 10-11 inches. I worked from 3:30 am to 8:55pm yesterday, with about 1 1/2 hr break total in between work.

I still have 8 accounts to do tomorrow for snow.

2. Moguy

Moguy LawnSite Member

Mtdmaster- The course I was referring to is offered through the PLCAA from the University of Georgia. It covers growth, development & Physiology, soils fertilization,mowing,irrigation,weeds, insects diseases,pesticides etc. If you want more information check out their website at
    www.gactr.uga.edu/about/turf

3. Moguy

Moguy LawnSite Member

tiedeman, sounds about the same as we got down here. I seen a lot of trucks out doing residential work. Do you do both, commercial and residential?

4. MOOSE

MOOSE LawnSite Senior Member

I work in the Bloomfield Hills and West Bloomfield Hills area.

I have never heard of Sullivan.

By the way the SNOW was great. But the part about being sleep deprived wasn't.

5. tiedeman

from earth

I should have said that Sullivan is a supplier of fertilizers, salts, etc. Not anything related to mowing equipment and parts. Sorry about not telling more.

Ya, we do both commerical and residential. Only about 14% of our customers is commerical. The rest is residential. I like to do commerical and a lot of times that is where the money is at, but it puts too much of a strain on our time and availability. Just like on Wednesday we had to go back to the properties every 2 hours because of the snow. So once we finished up the last one, it was time for the first one again.

I like the residential during the winter time because you can plan your day better and route. They are not in as much as a rush as others.

6. mtdman

mtdman LawnSite Gold Member

All I do is residential, and I wouldn't even do those if I had it my way. I hate snow. One of the nice things about residentials is I can wait until the storm has finished and then go out. I don't have to worry about keeping a lot clear or going back again and again to a certain lot. Of course I make a lot less, but I hate snow and would rather be sitting on a beach somewheres.

:D

7. tiedeman

from earth

any snow system moving in for Saturday, 2-4 inches. Yippie!

8. mtdman

mtdman LawnSite Gold Member

Yep, I heard that this morning. I hate doing snow, but I don't mind catching up a little bit on that dry spell we had in December. As long as we don't have that 30 below weather that new england is getting, I'm good.

:D

9. tiedeman

from earth

I know what you mean

10. Expert Lawns

Expert Lawns LawnSite Silver Member

the last two days made me wish i had a blade to drop on my truck. i did have to push a few neighbors out though. not fun.