Michigan LCO's

Discussion in 'Network: Central' started by tiedeman, Sep 4, 2003.

1. M and S Lawn Care

M and S Lawn Care LawnSite Senior Member

question is how much LESS is it than salting. Until the liquid doesn't work and someone slips, and sues your a$$.

It most cases (or all cases..) treating areas with liquid costs less, though in some instances, it doesn't work as well as rock salt. (Ice, wet snow, etc etc. I also think salt will burn off more snow and ice than liquid)

Another topic..

WTF is Davey Tree doing aeration small livonia lawns with a John Deere tractor and a 5 foot 3-pt mount aerator? It was the stupidest think I've ever seen. Couldn't have been working that well. There were two other walk behind aerators in the truck. Oh well...

Last edited: Oct 20, 2009
  2. Metro Lawn

Metro Lawn LawnSite Silver Member

I used liquid all last winter with no issues. Liquid actually scores the surface of solid ice giving it a rough texture, which in turn takes away it's slippery surface. I have seen salt melt off as much as 2-3 inches of snow when applied very heavy, but I for one am not going to lose a push if I can do it. I am sticking with it until salt come down to less than $15 a ton to match my price on liquid.

3. Metro Lawn

I had a movie company call me today. They are looking for leaves for 9 shooting locations. They need several yards of unshredded leaves for each location. If anyone has raked leaves either loose or in bags, please let me know.

4. greenstar lawn

greenstar lawn LawnSite Senior Member

I am looking to have my truck lettered up does anybody recommend someone?

5. P.Services

P.Services LawnSite Fanatic

I hear that m and s guy on lawnsite will do a good job in exchange for a bajay
    Posted via Mobile Device

6. Mimowerman

Mimowerman LawnSite Senior Member

haha

Hey picasso..... saw your new truck and green trailer at mattress world on grand river in brighton last week ....... I wanted to stop , but had a appt. to make!

7. Mowerboy04

Mowerboy04 LawnSite Bronze Member

hey random question, anyone know any good corn mazes around?

8. Metro Lawn

Give Tony at 696 Signs a call. He does all mine and he is close to you (15 & Gratiot) www.696signs.com

9. P.Services

P.Services LawnSite Fanatic

yes sir that was me!!! i was eating pizza for lunch.

why did you get a 8 2 v-xt over the 9 2?

10. Mimowerman

Mimowerman LawnSite Senior Member

I got the smaller plow because I didn't want to overwork my truck....I'll see how she handles the plow and go from there.