Michigan LCO's

Discussion in 'Network: Central' started by tiedeman, Sep 4, 2003.

1. bigjeeping

bigjeeping LawnSite Senior Member

Its good to be thinking spring!!!!!

When did you guys mail out all your contracts/renewal letters? I did mine March 1. Boy that was a long day preparing everything; probably a good 10 hours.

Anyway... can't wait to pull the mowers out. :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

2. asps4u

asps4u LawnSite Member

I agree, especially when the weather is like it is today! I sent my contracts/renewals out Feb. 25th, Due back by March 30th, already got some back :cool2:

3. brookline

brookline LawnSite Senior Member

What do you guys think about those Toro Z500 mowers? Are they pretty much the same as Exmark? I thought for some reason one company was a spinoff of the other.

BTW ASPS4U, I love that logo.. it reminds me of the MLB all star game.

4. Tight Angles

Tight Angles LawnSite Senior Member

Has anyone here ever heard of Celtic Lawn & Landscape? I have seen them around for the last couple of years, but it seems like they just blew up out of nowhere. Their website says they provide quality service to Wayne, Livingston, and Oakland counties. Anyone have any encounters with these guys?

5. bigjeeping

I have 2. Love them. Wouldn't trade for an exmark.

6. bigjeeping

What type of specials do LCO's offer in the spring? What specials do you offer for new mowing clients?

I have never offered specials before, but would like to start some this year to entice repeat customers for mulch, clean-ups, etc.

7. Leisure Time Outdoor Serv

Leisure Time Outdoor Serv LawnSite Member

I was thinking the same thing. they seem to be everywhere, especially in Plymouth, Livonia area

8. Jason Pallas

Jason Pallas LawnSite Bronze Member

GrassBandit - sent you a PM. Thanks

9. dcondon

dcondon LawnSite Silver Member

Thats what I have on my TANK 72", YES IT LOVES GAS!!! Run it hard and you can plan on 14+ gallons a day;)

10. rm25x

rm25x LawnSite Member

Anyone in Genesee County or Oakland County looking for a good mechanic/operator?

I was going to start my own business but I think I would be better off to just work for an established company.

A brief look at my background:
    I took 2 years of small engine repair at a tech center, graduated top
    of my class. I was the only one to pass both the OPE certification
    test as well as the Michigan Motorcycle Repair Certification test. I
    have worked for over of 5 years total in the small engine repair
    field.

I have also worked for a lawncare company for 2 summers when I was in school, and cut grass part time when I was a mechanic for extra money for one summer.

Last, I ran a plow truck for my father for 8 years before he decided to retire from the business, so I have that knowledge as well.

Thanks guys.
    Rob