Michigan LCO's

Discussion in 'Network: Central' started by tiedeman, Sep 4, 2003.

1. LawncareAmericaLLC

LawncareAmericaLLC LawnSite Senior Member

You got to love dolores. She is a trip. I use to dump there all the time and i didnt mind her it was her son i didnt like always gave me **** about my dump being over filled. Thats why i moved to the country and dump on my own property like jason does. I get the darkest compost and sell it to the local farmers in my area.

2. SilverTouch

SilverTouch LawnSite Member

Looks like colder after this weekend, but it looks like the accumulating snow is going to miss us for the most part. (maybe some flakes in the air- thats about it)

Completely off topic of this whole site, but does anyone here have any experience with buying investment homes in or out of Detroit?

3. Jason Pallas

Jason Pallas LawnSite Bronze Member

I do - what can I help ya with?

4. brookline

brookline LawnSite Senior Member

The guy from chrysler was a white collar job. There are not any UAW jobs at Chrysler Headquarters. And as for an honest days work I would love to see you do my job for a week during the summer and then wake up early to go cut lawns and landscape. Yes there are a few UAW workers that are lazy but they are all the same types of people who we as LCO's try to avoid hiring. You are judging the whole by a few my friend. I am 28 years old with blown out knees from my job for ten years, but I don't go crying to a rep because my job screwed them up because that's why we get paid so much to take that punishment. (which is not as much as everyone is told we make) I just push myself through it and ice them when I sleep. I am not a hack and have never been. I started six years ago with a push mower and homeoowners equipment in the back of my truck and have NEVER charged less than $20 for a lawn. (and I don't do any resis over 5000sqft so it's not like they were big lawns) So just don't group all UAW workers with the few bad eggs. I have seen how many on here say how much the media blows things out of proportion when it affects you... Just don't be nieve and think think they don't blow out of proportion the UAW workers.

5. redskinsfan34

redskinsfan34 LawnSite Member

6. brookline

My wife is a realtor.. She deals with investors all the time.

7. brookline

8. Mike's Lawn & Snow

Mike's Lawn & Snow LawnSite Senior Member

The best way to do things at Uni-Dig try to go first thing in the morning when Dolores is the only one there! She's usually to sleepy to come out and check your load so you can get away with filling it a little more lol.

9. Watson's Landscaping

Watson's Landscaping LawnSite Senior Member

I see that lawnsite is a live and well with all the take of taxes, health care, lowballers, and the gas going through the roof:cry: anyways looks springs here to stay. Worked on all the equipment last week and got all of that bs out of the way. Mounted one of those fuel transfer tanks on my truck this week 35galls gas and 15galls mixed so no more gas cans:clapping: other then that guys just rapping up some bids and contracts for spring, and thinking of passing out some flyer's this weekend in hopes of at least a few more lawns

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yea when I have to head down there I'm always there by 7, she's never once come out to check the load. on a side note Meldrums up on 23 mile just east of 94 takes grass $10/yd most of the time that's all I pay even for a over filled pickup box:)

10. brookline

Anyone know of a good place dwonriver that takes clippongs?