1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Michigan LCO's

Discussion in 'Network: Central' started by tiedeman, Sep 4, 2003.

1. LawncareAmericaLLC

LawncareAmericaLLC LawnSite Senior Member

B&W on north ave also takes grass and leaves. i think 10.00 a yard is what they charge.
  2. alternative

alternative LawnSite Senior Member

Dont get so defensive brookline...im not grouping all in this category.
    Maybe I should have worded it differently. My dad is a retired UAW worker, so i know the whole story about the hard workers and the slackers..MY comment was just how (unempl auto workers) all seem to flock to lawn care and its just getting old seeing these guys fu*k up the market for a couple years and then bail.
  3. M & D Lawn

M & D Lawn LawnSite Member

Taylor has a compost dump on Racho Rd between Eureka and Pennsylvania.
    It costs $40 to dump, whether you have a 1/2 yard or 10 yards.
  4. ajslands

ajslands LawnSite Silver Member

Mount trashmore/ riverview dump, westcroft gardens
    Posted via Mobile Device
  5. LawncareAmericaLLC

LawncareAmericaLLC LawnSite Senior Member

Hey alternative, seen your yard today when i was on that side of town. I didnt know who have landscape services old yard. Do you know paul??
  6. terrapro

terrapro LawnSite Bronze Member

Anyone graded a driveway this early in the season? I am just making sure we won't have to many problems with frost locking dirt up next week. I have done some in April but not March.
  7. brookline

brookline LawnSite Senior Member

No worries..:drinkup: I just wanted to make sure the whole picture was being put out there and if .opinions stay the same that's fine. You didn't really go off the only part in there for you was about the chrysler guy being a white collar guy. I was not mad or anything just getting some real facts out there not what comes from the media.:usflag:
  8. alternative

alternative LawnSite Senior Member

Thats not LSI's old yard...the Heating and Cooling co. down a couple blocks is in thier old yard/bldg. My yard was my families construction company for 40years and when they went out of bus. I bought it off them and been there since.

Yes I know Paul pretty well...as well as much of his staff (many of my freinds have or do work for them)
  9. SilverTouch

SilverTouch LawnSite Member

They are pretty strict sometimes now if you have company info on your truck.
    i remember when i could go in and out all day for free.
  10. M & D Lawn

M & D Lawn LawnSite Member

It used to be you would say you were a resident of taylor and they would let you in for free. now they see the company info and it's boom $40. You just have to be carefull not to mix sod or dirt with clippings and no garbage in the load.