1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Michigan LCO's

Discussion in 'Network: Central' started by tiedeman, Sep 4, 2003.

1. alternative

alternative LawnSite Senior Member

Yep, i remember that year- kinda wet like this, but definitely not as cold.
    I just hope they stay slow growing if its gonna rain that much.
    Most of the old lawns always take off like crazy and newer lawns are barely out of dormancy. Gonna be a weird spring for sure...
  2. cuttin-to-the-Max

cuttin-to-the-Max LawnSite Bronze Member

TruGreen is already on their 3 Application!
    Same guy i saw a couple weeks ago at my neighbors house got stuck again today!
    Yes being the nice guy i am i pulled him out AGAIN! but i told him "Next Week im charging u $75 bucks to go in the mug with my yellow boots to pull u out!" He just smiled--probably wondering if i was being serious or not!

You'd think after getting stuck once the guys would more cautious but i guess not!
  3. Jason Pallas

Jason Pallas LawnSite Bronze Member

26 Weeks! I usually try to shoot for 30. Last year I think we got 31. A couple of years ago we hit 32 weeks. The worst that I can remember is 28 weeks about 10 years ago. With a May start we're looking at about 29 IF we run full routes until the 14th of Nov.
    On the good side, I'm sure we all made good $ this past winter - unless you had contracts. So, a little lost revenue now is only fair - it all evens out in the end.
  4. HGT INC

HGT INC LawnSite Member
    from MI.

WTB Billy Goat Blower, possibly the 9 HP with the Honda. I'm located in Oakland County, willing to travel some. Must be in good to excellent shape. Will consider possible dealer demo or new model if priced right, Please contact Jerry @ 248-953-9784. Thanks everyone.
  5. LawncareAmericaLLC

LawncareAmericaLLC LawnSite Senior Member

Really?? I think i only had a couple years of 30 or more cuts. Usually if my cuts start in may i get less weeks in. 25-28 is an adverage. Now if we get a early april cut ill get my 30 plus. Last summer we got 28 weeks of cutting in. Bad weather hit early november, but we had a early start too. My first cut last year was second week of April
  6. P.Services

P.Services LawnSite Fanatic

I'm panning on 25 full weeks. No way do I run full routes into November. I would like to be the cheap asses start cutting service around the last week of october. I'm not worried. We will all make money this year.
    Posted via Mobile Device
  7. ajslands

ajslands LawnSite Silver Member

some people believe you can't make money chargin less than $30 for a lawn, even when it takes you ten minutes. :hammerhead:
  8. P.Services

P.Services LawnSite Fanatic

Aj, stay in school. Pay attention.
    Posted via Mobile Device
  9. ajslands

ajslands LawnSite Silver Member

it's spring break. :hammerhead:

plus i have a 3.8
  10. esshaki

esshaki LawnSite Member

is it me or are alot of condos and apartments late on getting their bids out.. we still have 20 unconfirmed bids and are still getting 1 or 2 calls a day for new bids...