Michigan LCO's

Discussion in 'Network: Central' started by tiedeman, Sep 4, 2003.

1. Jason Pallas

Jason Pallas LawnSite Bronze Member

We started early last year. We were already into our second week of routes by now. I usually target the Monday closest to April 15th as the start date. Tha usually gives us about 29-30 weeks if we go into the second week of November.

2. lawnguy44

lawnguy44 LawnSite Member
    from MI

how do you get clean-ups done if you cut til the 2 week of November?

3. LawncareAmericaLLC

LawncareAmericaLLC LawnSite Senior Member

Us too. Im not worried it is what it is. Like u said it all averages out in the long run.

lawnguy44 We do clean ups as were cutting our routes. We put it ll together also we do clean ups on a weekly to by weekly basis so we can keep up with the leaves. I wouldnt wait for everything to drop then try to do all clean ups, that wouldnt be logical and it would be time consuming

4. Mike's Lawn & Snow

Mike's Lawn & Snow LawnSite Senior Member

Same here Jason last year I was cutting the week of April 5th and I also go all the way into the 2nd week of November. Then Clean-ups till it snows!!

5. P.Services

P.Services LawnSite Fanatic

Any one want to buy a 1991 chevy kodiak dump truck for spring? Has a gas engine, runs pretty good. If you can operate a 2spd rear it can haul some serious weight.

Has a new dump box on it i paid 4,800 for. Has a 9' western plow on it i just paid 2,200 for.

this would make a excellent plow truck with a perminent salter mounted on the back of it.

I will sell it without the dump box if you like.

make a offer.

6. Superior L & L

Superior L & L LawnSite Senior Member

Pics ?

Posted via Mobile Device

7. alternative

alternative LawnSite Senior Member

I wonder how many companies will be out today trying to get stuff done..i cant believe trugreen was out yesterday!

8. LawncareAmericaLLC

LawncareAmericaLLC LawnSite Senior Member

Well, i wont be. I walked my lawn this morn and it is soaked!! As much as i want to go to work its not worth pissing off any customers this week. we starting fresh on Monday. If its not raining.

9. grassmaster06

grassmaster06 LawnSite Senior Member

Posted via Mobile Device

10. I MOW ALONE

I MOW ALONE LawnSite Bronze Member

the 10 day weather outlook looks like rain almost everyday. not looking too good. but we all know they cant forecast tommorrow let alone 10 days oh well we will see. still planning on starting the 25th. if we do get the rain i guess first of may. this has been a shitty start to spring.