Michigan LCO's

Discussion in 'Network: Central' started by tiedeman, Sep 4, 2003.

1. Tight Angles

Tight Angles LawnSite Senior Member

Cow patty mushrooms?
    Posted via Mobile Device

2. PPS.inc

PPS.inc LawnSite Member
    from Earth

Blowers, rakes, n traps. Still getting 4 2 5 a day done. No reason to not be working. Most around me plan on cutting next week. They forcast like this in michigan when they have no idea whats gonna happen.... Good luck guys.
    Posted via Mobile Device

3. terrapro

terrapro LawnSite Bronze Member

We usaully find 10-20lbs per year then quit, that is plenty...I have also pulled bags of morels out of customers yards. I use to sell wild mushrooms also. I have even found truffels in customers yards before.

4. LawncareAmericaLLC

LawncareAmericaLLC LawnSite Senior Member

LOL! You are deffinitly right about that. I am surprise TG is out and on there third app. Hear they are tearing up some turf with there machines. Im just going to sit back and wait it out, only good things will come from it. Would like to get some landscaping done before lawns kick in, But waaayy to wet to even do that. It is what it is

5. cuttin-to-the-Max

cuttin-to-the-Max LawnSite Bronze Member

I dont know what you guys been doing but im already laying mulch!
    Had my guys out today laying 40yrds of mulch!
    Kept us busy! Im SORE
    Im still used to sitting in a plow truck for 15+ hrs!!
    Not used to this hard labor!
    So today i was the one picking up and dropping off the mulch!

When its too wet to mow we mulch!

6. LawncareAmericaLLC

Nice and heavy too i bet. All that rain last night it had to be. Unless you had it covered all night??

7. cuttin-to-the-Max

Nope it was covered so it was dry!
    Made 3 trips! had the dump truck filled with 10yrds plus 5 in the dump trailer! Both have sides.
    Figured it would save me a little on gas.. But it was a pain disconnecting and reconnecting to dump

8. LawncareAmericaLLC

At least you got the job done. We did a mulch job one year and it rained the night before and i already had the mulch dropped on site and it was a pita moving wet heavy mulch. I learned a good lesson from that one. COVER EVERYTHING.lol

9. ajslands

ajslands LawnSite Silver Member

Why?
    Doesn't rain wash away mulch?
    And April showers bring ma---- ahh forget it!
    Doesn't make much sense to lay mulch that will wash away.
    Posted via Mobile Device

10. cuttin-to-the-Max

Aj I'm not gonna bash u like everyone else does but alot of my customers have events like parties starting from passover and Easter to grad parties in July. They want their yard looking good for their parties! If they want it done I'm gonna do it! Yes it is a little early but I know why they want it down. If you know what your doing it wont float away! Unless it's that rubber crap!
    The 40 yards we layed today was in a sub enterances,gardens and a park so so it had to look good. I have 2 customers who I lay mulch for twice a year for! They have me do it right before Easter and right before their anniversary in July... Just because he's OCD about his landscape but I don't mind! :)
    Posted via Mobile Device