Michigan LCO's

Discussion in 'Network: Central' started by tiedeman, Sep 4, 2003.

1. brookline

brookline LawnSite Senior Member

Does anyone else offer warranties on paver installs? I was thinking of a Three year as long as there are no trees with roots too close or something like that. Thoughts, experiences?
    Posted via Mobile Device
  2. Lightningllc

Lightningllc LawnSite Senior Member

Warranties can have alot of parameters but 3-5 years should cover any problems. Just CYA
    Posted via Mobile Device
  3. Centralmichiganlawncare

Centralmichiganlawncare LawnSite Member

Seems like all of the lawn guys out here are out of business. I have gotten like three calls in the last few days for bids. Then today I get a call to bid on nan apartment complex. The odd thing about all this is i only have one flyer at the local hardware store and a comercial running on the local cable station. let the work roll in ready to get going.
  4. alternative

alternative LawnSite Senior Member

So sick of this rain....thought today was gonna be a decent day? WTF
  5. Lightningllc

Snow flakes mixed in with rain right now.
    Posted via Mobile Device
  6. Leisure Time Outdoor Serv

Leisure Time Outdoor Serv LawnSite Member

Better put the salters in again... lol
  7. P.Services

P.Services LawnSite Fanatic

We are working today, we are putting plow markers back out just in case for this one.
    Posted via Mobile Device
  8. Lightningllc

Just seen Livonia on 275. With a chevy pickup pulling commercial guys over and inspecting trucks. Seriously a 3/4 chevy truck I take it Livonia is going on the dot kick now
    Posted via Mobile Device
  9. Allor Outdoor

Allor Outdoor LawnSite Member

If you are that concerned with making some money on the deal, I would try subbing it out. Although for 1 account, it seems like more of a hassle.
    I do have 2 questions for you though:
    1)are you honestly finding guys to work that really only cost you $10/hour? After paying work comp insurance and payroll taxes on that employee, it sounds like you would be paying him minimum wage, if not less!
    2) how do you calculate making the $75 back in 2 weeks or less? Let's assume that you are sending a 3 man crew to cut the lawn, let's also assume with drive time, taking equipment off the trailer, cutting the lawn, and loading the equipment back onto the trailer, it takes a total of 20 minutes. 20 min x 3 guys equals 1 labor hour. 1 labor hour COST around $20. Not including fuel, equipment, or supplies. This being said at best your making $10 to cut the lawn. And it would take approx 7.5 weeks to "break even".

Not trying to cause controversy, but you might just be better off giving the lawn up, and finding a good contractor to take it over. Good luck!
    Posted via Mobile Device
  10. terrapro

terrapro LawnSite Bronze Member

Wow, just got the call we lost a complex in Howell that we were mowing for $150 which I thought was cheap. The accepted bid was $85 :dizzy: This place with 1 guy takes 3hrs, our best time with three guys was around 1.5hrs It takes one guy 1.5hrs just to line trim it.

$.47 per minute...just wow! I expect to be spending around $.15 per minute on gas alone this season. I have always calculated running a Z to be $.15 per minute, so just for gas and mower its already $.30 per minute. So with just that the new lawn guys will be making $10.20 an hour. :hammerhead:

I have a feeling I will get a call mid-season for us to take over the account again.