Michigan LCO's

Discussion in 'Network: Central' started by tiedeman, Sep 4, 2003.

1. bigjeeping

bigjeeping LawnSite Senior Member

Do you have a fuel surcharge in your lawn contracts????

2. LawncareAmericaLLC

LawncareAmericaLLC LawnSite Senior Member

I DID AND LOST 6 ACCOUNTS!!!!!!! They told me that they found somone cheaper and that we did a great job for 8yrs but money is tight and this flyer i got says one month free cutting and is only going to charge $20.00.WTF!!!
    I mean i added a 2.00 surcharge for fuel and people are tripping on me this week. Im actually ready to call all my clients and take it off. But i cant!!!

Percision was out in full force cutting everything in site!!! I swear half of them didnt even need it and now you can see mud tire tracks everywhere.LOL dummies

3. CrewKut

CrewKut LawnSite Member

I don't know if any of you use Slime tire sealant, but if you need some, AutoZone has a deal on it. I was buying a gallon jug and saw that there was a $10 mail-in rebate on it. Price is $29.99 and with the $10 rebate, that makes it $19.99 per gallon. Just wanted to let you know.

Dan

4. alternative

alternative LawnSite Senior Member

Yeah i have a fuel surcharge in place, but not gonna tack it on until we get first billing in - that way they dont try and play games and quit. The few i did raise have also quit due to same as you Mike..."Oh well so and so will do it for 16/wk". WTF.

Go for it. I'll sit home and watch the Hangover for the 100th time before i go cut for free.

5. Mike's Lawn & Snow

Mike's Lawn & Snow LawnSite Senior Member

agh good movie lol

6. LawncareAmericaLLC

I agree, The hell i go out an work for 16.00 a cut. Ill sit back an pick up were the hacks left off. Id rather cut 100 lawns at 30.00 then 200 at 16.00!!

7. alternative

alternative LawnSite Senior Member

i dont see how anyone is gonna work next week...what is with this RAIN?

8. bigjeeping

bigjeeping LawnSite Senior Member

Might have to wait it out another week for cutting....

9. Mike's Lawn & Snow

Mike's Lawn & Snow LawnSite Senior Member

Dang, it rained like crazy!

10. LawncareAmericaLLC

Well loading up and going out to cut this morning. LOL!! NOT im flooded over here, pulling out the baja buggy today and taking a ride. ITs mudding time