1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Michigan LCO's

Discussion in 'Network: Central' started by tiedeman, Sep 4, 2003.

1. cuttin-to-the-Max

cuttin-to-the-Max LawnSite Bronze Member

Have you checked ebay? I got a Brand new trans for my Exmark WB for $150 Brand new got it in less then a week.....

We cut ALOT of stuff today got all commercial stuff cut and even some resi's
    We cut as close to Ponds and streams as we could... Mowers are nice and Dirty:weightlifter:

2. LawncareAmericaLLC

LawncareAmericaLLC LawnSite Senior Member

Holy long Grass!! Cut some lots 4 times just to get rid of the clumps. Had 2 yards under water by 1-2ft, CRAZY had never had these accounts look like that. Bagging anything was a joke, first couple ft it clogs, so we mulched everything ALOT!!! Seen some guys just trying to burn down the lawn, taking 6 inches at a time, and it wasnt working to well.lol Not even clumps, piles eveywhere. What a intresting day. I seen it all today.

3. brookline

brookline LawnSite Senior Member

Yea its a tough one to find. Peerless 700-032 if anyone has on laying around
    Posted via Mobile Device

4. brookline

brookline LawnSite Senior Member

If you are interested in the aerator we can make a deal. Im not trying to drop any out of pocket money right now being my mower will be as good as new with the new trans once it finally comes in. Just really want a good backup of equal or greater size because using the 32 in its place sucks! Text me some pics if you want and I will do the same
    Posted via Mobile Device

5. Superior L & L

Superior L & L LawnSite Senior Member

Nothing worse than your own subdivision entrance looking like poop !
    I used to mow it 4-5 years ago for $720 a cut. We had 4 lasers on it for 3-4 hours now one guy and his one mower have been cutting it on and off for the past week. The grass is 12-14" lo g and when he cuts it the piles are 12-14" tall !

I'm not for sure but I here he get almost half what we used too.
    Posted via Mobile Device

6. cuttin-to-the-Max

That ALWAYS happens! I used to cut a Subdavision park with 4 72" Dixies weekly..... Now it gets cut with one 48" exmark WB every other week for half of what i charged..prob. less now..

7. terrapro

terrapro LawnSite Bronze Member

We saw some crayola green trucks today on Culver in Brighton doing a sub entrance, the trailer said Picasso...bunch of skinny white guys working so that is good.

8. P.Services

P.Services LawnSite Fanatic

Hahah that makes my day!!! The prez of that association is the hands down best guy I have ever worked for in my life! You shoulda stopped and said hi, I will be back in the a.m to plant the flats. Normally we do that entrance, the other and the commonsd with 4 guys but I was feeling a bit cocky and though two skinny gringos could bang it out.

What kind of truck do you drive? Please tell me it wasn't that blazer with the 4'x 6' trailer we were crackin jokes about ALL DAY!
    Posted via Mobile Device

9. terrapro

terrapro LawnSite Bronze Member

Well if you are there today and I have a few minutes I will swing in. I will be driving by in the afternoon.

10. cuttin-to-the-Max

Who ordered the rain?????

Goodness are we ever going to be cutting again?????
    Saw Allor's Truck Going down orchard Lake Rd today