Michigan LCO's

Discussion in 'Network: Central' started by tiedeman, Sep 4, 2003.

1. terrapro

terrapro LawnSite Bronze Member

Here is the link for ALL the Leisure Times in MI...

http://www.dleg.state.mi.us/bcs_corp/rs_corp.asp?s_button=sname&v_search=Leisure+time&hiddenField=

Yeah pretty much all you can do. The sign is on private land that I know you can get in trouble for(I recieved a cease and desist letter myself) so we can snag it anyway.

2. Centralmichiganlawncare

Centralmichiganlawncare LawnSite Member

redmax trimmer and edger. there only 5 months old and motors on both of them keeps bogging down when we start them maybe a carb adj

3. cuttin-to-the-Max

cuttin-to-the-Max LawnSite Bronze Member

Mine does that too but my guys like to use 5 ft of line in the whips which just makes it hard on the carbs. Then Also they dont realize the shorter the line the faster the head....

4. Leisure Time Outdoor Serv

Leisure Time Outdoor Serv LawnSite Member

what kind of oil you using? I was using stihl oil and was having all kind of problems with muffler clogging. I switched to amsoil and no problems this year at all

5. Lightningllc

Lightningllc LawnSite Senior Member

Can someone give me guidance to get my company licensed for pesticides. I would like to have this under my belt. I would like to get licensed too and the company. Any thoughts on how to do this without working for a company for 2 years.
    Posted via Mobile Device

6. Outdoor Pros

Outdoor Pros LawnSite Member

Lightning:

First step is to become a certified applicator. This allows you to work for a company licensed in pesticide application. You can look at the MI Dept of Agriculture website for test dates and locations. Since you own your own company like I do, working for another company isn't a very feasible option.

The next step is to apply to the MDA for an exemption on the 2-year working for someone else rule (you can also bypass this through gaining a degree).
    This is not a guaranteed exemption and there are some rules involved if you do get it.

If you want to contact me for help or further information, all of my contact information is online at www.outdoorprosmi.com

7. terrapro

Yep, some certain company I know personally out here paid some extra money to skip the hoops...hint hint.

8. Lightningllc

Lightningllc LawnSite Senior Member

Cole how much. Lol joking but if ???
    Posted via Mobile Device

9. grassmaster06

grassmaster06 LawnSite Senior Member

I need a good sprinkler guy asap ,downriver area .my regular Guy hasn't been very reliable 313-443-7067
    Posted via Mobile Device

10. terrapro

He landed a couple nice contracts and his biz exploded the last few years so he is hard to nail down but next time we cross paths I will ask. Honestly it would be a nice ability to have so if you find out beforehand let me know.