Michigan LCO's

Discussion in 'Network: Central' started by tiedeman, Sep 4, 2003.

1. greenstar lawn

greenstar lawn LawnSite Senior Member

ugh my lawns have been so long and wet all week and I see it being the case for this weekend too....I wanted to start power raking, aerating, and over seed this weekend but doesn't look good. Next weeks weather looks good though

2. cuttin-to-the-Max

cuttin-to-the-Max LawnSite Bronze Member

I think next week will be great for aerating! Ground will be soft but not too soft...

[​IMG]

3. 290

290 LawnSite Member

Thats a nifty looking attachment you got there. What is it?

4. Sharpcut 1

Sharpcut 1 LawnSite Senior Member

Gator Rator

Someone used to make them out of his garage, but he is no longer in business

5. 290

290 LawnSite Member

Thats a shame. Looks like a great product

6. cuttin-to-the-Max

cuttin-to-the-Max LawnSite Bronze Member

hahahahahahahahahha! guys.........

Yeah it had its flaws. Also it is a Gator Rator. Such as it doesnt have enough weight to really plug dry yards so you have to count on the dew to moisten the yards a little bit. But after all this rain it works really well. Very simple design. Perfect for a lanscaper...Its definitely not like TruGREEN or any of those other fertilizer guys'
    But it gets me by...

Nice little down pressure when you lower the aerator enough to get the front wheels off the ground. i make it sound like it does the worst job ever.... but it actually plugs.

There is one Brand new one on ebay only problem is its in TN.....
    Also its a 36. Mine is a 60. I know on mine we can take the sides of to make it shorter. Not sure if you can add them on this one to make it wider..... As of Last year Weingartz carried parts for these.. So i wouldnt be skeptical about buying another one if i had the work.
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/Gator-Rotor...aultDomain_0&hash=item4a9f122c55#ht_500wt_845

Last edited: Oct 2, 2011
  7. MICHPLOWER

MICHPLOWER LawnSite Member

So when does everyone think their last cuts gonna be? I'm thinking Oct 14th or Oct 21 due to the leaves are starting to fall earlier this year then normal.

8. grassmaster06

grassmaster06 LawnSite Senior Member

I'm cutting till theres nothing left lol,with all the rain the lawns are doing pretty well and most of the leaves are still really green so nov 1st
    Posted via Mobile Device

9. alternative

alternative LawnSite Senior Member

Seeing how we missed all of April cut, we will go until end of Nov if weather permits..

10. terrapro

terrapro LawnSite Bronze Member

If the grass grows we mow. I don't want to wake up next spring and have a bunch of turf with snow mold all over.