1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Michigan LCO's

Discussion in 'Network: Central' started by tiedeman, Sep 4, 2003.

1. Tscape

Tscape LawnSite Bronze Member

I'm still interested in the cube van.

2. LawncareAmericaLLC

LawncareAmericaLLC LawnSite Senior Member

Hello lawnsite, anyone doing flyers or ads yet? Just wondering everyone's take this season, since the weak winter we had. I c a lot of places already selling spring supplies.

3. Lucky Dog Landscape

Lucky Dog Landscape LawnSite Member

Hello All! Looking to sub out 3 properties for fert this year in troy / rochester hills. PM me if your interested

4. 1fast432

1fast432 LawnSite Member

Looking for a 36 to 40 inch grandstand or vantage with low hrs in nice condition. Email with price and location. THANKS SNO-N-GRO!

5. grassmaster06

grassmaster06 LawnSite Senior Member

Lawn season is approaching,hopefully we all have a good year
    Posted via Mobile Device

6. Metro Lawn

Metro Lawn LawnSite Silver Member

The season has not even begun and I am already mad enough to quit. City bid today... Code violation properties up to and over 1 acre $8 each wtf.... business district mowing almost i acre with 6000 line ft of edging $33 4.5 miles of medians cut every 3 weeks $500 a cut (60' wide) It goes on the same way through each division of the bid.

7. grassmaster06

grassmaster06 LawnSite Senior Member

Looks like they work for gas money,I thought the code violations use to pay pretty good but 8$ up to an acre come on mabe even if you cut the whole city block and just the front yards only ,just mow and go no blowing ,trimming

8. Leisure Time Outdoor Serv

Leisure Time Outdoor Serv LawnSite Member

I have a feeling thats the way all the bidding is going to be. With gas at or near 5 bucks a gallon. there is no possible way they are going to make any money

9. alternative

alternative LawnSite Senior Member

Who the hell bid the 8$? he is gonna find himself donating to the city of eastpointe at that rate. I guess they could file as a "non profit organization" like half of the companies out here should - no way to profit at those prices, let alone breakeven with cost rising on everything. STUPID people. :hammerhead:

10. LawncareAmericaLLC

LawncareAmericaLLC LawnSite Senior Member

Perks of bidding on city work.lmao. Good luck trying to get paid too. With cities broke u think they care about paying u. They can have that work, wouldn't want it.