Michigan LCO's

Discussion in 'Network: Central' started by tiedeman, Sep 4, 2003.

1. mtdman

mtdman LawnSite Gold Member

We are supposed to get less than an inch. I just wish it would warm up.

2. Expert Lawns

Expert Lawns LawnSite Silver Member

10-4 good buddy. i'm thinking spring everyday. can't wait

3. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

Heck, I am getting a new aerator delivered on Friday. I just hope that I will be there and not busy doing snow. I want the season to begin so bad.

4. mtdman

mtdman LawnSite Gold Member

What brand did you end up getting, tiedeman?

5. tiedeman

from earth

Turfco. I thought that I would give them a chance and see the results. The product was a reasonable price, only about $2,200.

6. Scott Wachtel

Scott Wachtel LawnSite Member

I'm in metro-detroit and after september my business got cut in half. the only thing paying the bills was sod and fall clean-ups. Now I'm just waiting to see if my plow is ever going to pay itself off. Gotta love that dependable michigan weather

7. Moguy

Moguy LawnSite Member

mtdmaster- I'm doing the certification course.

tiedeman- I finally got my Pro Source from the PLCAA, even though its from the spring, I seen your article in there.

8. tiedeman

from earth

Moguy
    that picture in the article is like 8 years old. It's the only descent one that I could find

9. tiedeman

from earth

what happened that made business to be cut in half?

The whole snow aspect is mind boggling. Like this year up here is doing great for the past 2 weeks. In the past 2 weeks we have received the same amount of snow that we received all of last winter. That's why when someone steps out to buy a brand new truck, with new plow for winter time everybody just laughs at him because the snow predicting for the winter is a role of the dice. We have considered moving snow removal operations up north to the Gaylord area. You never know though. Hope that everything goes well with ya.

10. Expert Lawns

Expert Lawns LawnSite Silver Member

guess we're expecting a few more over night tonight tiedman (friday night). are you getting enough up there to plow again?