Michigan LCO's

Discussion in 'Network: Central' started by tiedeman, Sep 4, 2003.

1. MrPike

MrPike LawnSite Member

Commercial in my post refers to a commercial enterprise, or business. A clearer choice of words would have been business and homeowner. I am on your side. If he is doing work for pay, he needs to comply with all the regulations.

2. Lightningllc

Lightningllc LawnSite Senior Member

I've seen to state boys under trucks today, 2 novi cops pulled over landscapers, 1 Oakland county pulled a landscaper over and on his trailer,

Truly in one hour.

This morning I talked to a mobile mechanic and he said he got poped this morning 5 fines that where not even valid, he has a sidearm crane that the cop said it needed to be tied down.

WTF IS GOING ON. THIS IS OUT OF HAND.
    Posted via Mobile Device

3. stuffdeer

stuffdeer LawnSite Bronze Member

Does anyone cut in Ecorse? Jefferson area about a mile or two north of Wyandotte? Ever have any problems? I have a good chance at a nice residential account across the street from some "projects". (Low income housing)
    Posted via Mobile Device

4. Jason Pallas

Jason Pallas LawnSite Bronze Member

I'll try it again. Bring me up to speed here guys. What does HB 5228 say?

5. Outdoors_Unlimited

Outdoors_Unlimited LawnSite Senior Member

Its basically gonna bring the laws back to the 26k # level, and get the DOT off the backs of our smaller trucks.
    Posted via Mobile Device

6. Outdoors_Unlimited

So I've been working all week on cleanups at these new properties I've landed. We got three of them done.

The three we did this week, all previously used the same company. The company they used has a good name around the high end clients.

How do these companies get away with such shotty work? I bet I've spent 10 hours this week fixing improper pruning cuts (stubs, lions tailing) I'm cleaning out corners that probably haven't been done in years, fixing edging lines that look like drunks formed them, and still coming in with less hours then I'm bidding ;)

I guess that's why it was such an easy sell on a few of these new jobs.
    Posted via Mobile Device

7. Jason Pallas

Jason Pallas LawnSite Bronze Member

Good. thanks!

8. stuffdeer

stuffdeer LawnSite Bronze Member

9. Outdoors_Unlimited

10. TMAC669

TMAC669 LawnSite Member
    from N/A

Followed my own advice and took a day off from Lawnsite while I worked at my rental property and parents properties. Yards look excellent I might add, now for the ride home. I'm quite sure MSP will be out in force today doing their jobs! Truck is under 10,000lbs had it weighed a couple of days ago. Everything else is up to snuff (mowers secured with Pro Lockers and cabled for addition layer of protection and security). Should be an uneventful ride home.:usflag: