Michigan LCO's

Discussion in 'Network: Central' started by tiedeman, Sep 4, 2003.

1. stuffdeer

stuffdeer LawnSite Bronze Member

Doesn't matter if your truck and trailer weighs under 10k. It is the combined GVWR of the two.
    Posted via Mobile Device

2. terrapro

terrapro LawnSite Bronze Member

Thumbs Up Yep! And I think the Nissan Titan has a 9500lb tow capacity which easily puts it in the chauffer license/med card category with a trailer...

3. Watson's Landscaping

Watson's Landscaping LawnSite Senior Member

Glad to see lawnsite is up and at it again. So who's this new guy trying to tell us he doesnt need DOT numbers. Between mowers, trailer, whips, blowers, and the truck it self he'll be over 10k in no time. Hell just my truck stickers at 10,800lbs and with all the stone work ive done this spring I've been weighing in around 18 to 20k lbs with the dump trailer. But what do I know I'm just a landscaper
    Posted via Mobile Device

4. lazor-cut

lazor-cut LawnSite Senior Member
    from Wixom

Did i miss something? Why are you telling us your every move again?!?!?

EDIT:
    looks like Watson and I were thinking the same thing when we posted.

5. P.Services

P.Services LawnSite Fanatic

the root goes back to the fact that your a "for hire" commercial business. Dont sit here and lie out of your teeth when we can all go back and read your posts about clients not paying, thinking about buying a box truck etc.

6. Lightningllc

Lightningllc LawnSite Senior Member

Well hopefully this new bill goes into force and we can all pull dot numbers off trucks and maybe not drive in fear of getting pulled over for 2 hours while they find something wrong.

I seen a lawn company yesterday driving a box truck pulling a 14' trailer mowers were sideways and all jacked up because they were not strapped down.

These laws are not all bad but I wish they wouldn't turn local weigh master into intrastate laws
    Posted via Mobile Device

7. terrapro

terrapro LawnSite Bronze Member

Yes the laws are here for everyones protection, they are needed but to feel targeted for revenue is not right.

8. bln

bln LawnSite Senior Member

This new bill is going to be a double edged sword. It will be nice not having the fines and such but it will allow more fly by nighters to swoop in
    Posted via Mobile Device

9. MrPike

MrPike LawnSite Member

Unfortunately, they're already here in droves, small trailer, single mower, no signs, no DOT, no insurance, no tax ID and collecting Unemployment Insurance.

The regulations need to pertain to everybody, not just small business owners. A poorly secured load can kill somebody, even if it is being towed by a homeowner. A dangerous truck is a dangerous truck. I'm actually not opposed to annual inspections for older vehicles as long as they inspect all vehicles, not just vehicles used for business purposes.

10. 24v6spd

24v6spd LawnSite Senior Member

That's the last thing we need. We need less government intrusion into our lives not more. Does anyone remember when we had emission inspections? What a scam that was.