Michigan LCO's

Discussion in 'Network: Central' started by tiedeman, Sep 4, 2003.

1. calvinslawnservices

calvinslawnservices LawnSite Senior Member

I'm on the third mow also, but these are one time clean ups or people who didn't get back to us early enough and are now on the tail end of the clean up's. :dizzy:

2. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes LawnSite Fanatic

Agreed, but this weighmaster is an idiot.

Not only are there no federal funds tied to it, the feds CAN'T regulate intrastate commerce according to the Constitution.

Maybe you could point that out to him Justin. The Constitution that he was sworn to uphold.

3. terrapro

terrapro LawnSite Bronze Member

You didn't read the fine print..."unless money gets involved".

4. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes LawnSite Fanatic

Yeah, I know.

Too bad more of the public "servants" don't uphold their vows to obey the Constitution. Starting with the president and moving right on to Congress. Right down to the weigh master, etc.

I do feel bad for you guys, all the state motor carrier and weighmasters on this side of the state are decent, for the most part. There was one a-hole in Wyoming, but he hasn't been too bad of late. He was learning on the job, taking half hour to 45 minutes to find something in his book to write people up for. He didn't even know the laws. There is one jerk out of Wayland post that has made life miserable for some of the commercial trucks down that way.

You guys contact the city commissioners and state reps\senators to complain about these jackwagons? If not, it might be worth a try.

5. JCLawn and more

JCLawn and more LawnSite Fanatic
    from MI

I am glad no one my way knows the law. I went back and forth last spring with the state cops and DOT officer about what were the laws. No one knew until I called the DMV. Even know the guy who mows for the city I live in does not have a dot number or any decals on his truck. Thay bid was the reason why I went round and round with the local cops because they needed a dot number for that bid. Well the guy who won it and has been doing it for years is fully illegal and I half want to rat him out.
    Posted via Mobile Device

6. BBLawn

BBLawn LawnSite Member

Keep talking like that, Mark, and we're going to start to explore our Grand Rapids expansion initiative! :laugh:

You assume that we have responsible local government. Its an open secret that the city commissioners are the ones encouraging their own CE officers to keep the money flowing in. Its all about the $$$ - they could care less about who they are shaking down to get it.

7. amw

amw LawnSite Senior Member

Havent been on in a while, hope everyones doing well!

8. 24v6spd

24v6spd LawnSite Senior Member

HB5228 when it passes will change the threshold for compliance with federal DOT rules to 26,001 and up which is the Federal level except for certain vehicles in intrastate commerce. That includes current regulations including cell phone use, medical card etc. It passed the house unanimously and is now in the Senate transportation committee. I'm sure there are state vehicle codes on the books but when this passes vehicles under 26,000 will not be held to the federal standard.

9. Lightningllc

Lightningllc LawnSite Senior Member

Hello Mr Mark, You have been missed.
    Posted via Mobile Device

10. Mowerboy04

Mowerboy04 LawnSite Bronze Member

anyone know what time veolia land fill open in the morning??