Michigan LCO's

Discussion in 'Network: Central' started by tiedeman, Sep 4, 2003.

1. Watson's Landscaping

Watson's Landscaping LawnSite Senior Member

I looked over my letter twice and still dont understand how it's our problem were the plants came from. Shouldnt that be the nurserys problem
    Posted via Mobile Device

2. terrapro

terrapro LawnSite Bronze Member

It should but almost feels like another money grab doesn't it?

3. BBLawn

BBLawn LawnSite Member

We could argue all day about who's problem this should be, but my reading of this letter makes it sound pretty clear that the state is expecting us to pick a side of buying from out of state or only in-state sources and then keep documents on every load for three years that back up our position. They make it sound like they will be checking the books of both nurseries and landscapers -- they don't care who's problem it should be, but they are going to make it our problem no matter what. It hasn't been posted on this board yet, but the FAQ they sent along with this letter specifically mentions landscapers and their requirement to buy a license. That the letter does not discuss the size of potential fines makes me very concerned.

4. BBLawn

BBLawn LawnSite Member

If you ever plant a shrub or a perennial for money, this is now your problem.

5. Superior L & L

Superior L & L LawnSite Senior Member

I'd love to know how they will monitor it. Sounds like another leave of pita
    Posted via Mobile Device

6. BBLawn

BBLawn LawnSite Member

If you chose a Nursery Stock Dealer license, its mandatory inspections every other year that they will gladly bill you for.

If you chose the Registered Nursery Dealer license, the quote from the letter is "MDARD will conduct random inspections of Registered Nursery Dealers to assure that they are in compliance with the licensing criteria."

Either way, we're going to have a whole lot more worthless bureaucrats looking over our shoulders and telling us how to run our businesses.

7. Watson's Landscaping

Watson's Landscaping LawnSite Senior Member

What are they going to inspect? I buy my stock and take it to the job site. If they want to come look at my paper work I guess they can try. So next time I go to weigands I need to ask were the plants came from?
    Posted via Mobile Device

8. puffyhead929

puffyhead929 LawnSite Member

How would they even know that you landscape? I didn't get a letter and I do landscape (I'm all for following the rules) but will they know?

9. Lightningllc

Lightningllc LawnSite Senior Member

I have been told that DuPont has caused this because of their tree replacements are coming out of other states and never hitting the wholesale houses so we are supposed to keep record or the people from outta state installing over a million spruces and pines. It's a big money deal !!!!!!
    Posted via Mobile Device

10. Lightningllc

Lightningllc LawnSite Senior Member

One of my sites just got a 150k offer for 95 trees. Imprellis damage is finally getting repaired.
    Posted via Mobile Device