1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Michigan LCO's

Discussion in 'Network: Central' started by tiedeman, Sep 4, 2003.

1. BBLawn

BBLawn LawnSite Member

We buy our bulbs from Christensens. Based on what we know right now, that makes us safe to downgrade. Plus I'm sure there are many Michigan growers on the west side of the state who would be happy to sell us their Michigan grown bulbs.

Very ironic, however, that any homeowner can order bulbs direct from Holland without any restrictions whatsoever, but for some reason its a health hazard if we do the same thing.

2. terrapro

terrapro LawnSite Bronze Member

The new weather.com blows...

3. cuttingedge13

cuttingedge13 LawnSite Member

Yuuuup!
    Posted via Mobile Device

4. terrapro

Doesn't it say the plant material has to be planted here for 36 months no matter where it comes from. If you get bulbs from Christensens that they purchased from Holland one month ago that would be out of state plant material right?

5. gunsworth

gunsworth LawnSite Member

the app is even worse, i read the info on their update and it would allow use of my camera and all sorts of other **** at anytime ;) seemd like it was always running and burning out my phone, had to delete it. i used to love that app they totally destroyed it, everything else blows too

6. Outdoors_Unlimited

Outdoors_Unlimited LawnSite Senior Member

Who cuts in Livionia? Got a lead for a commercial site at 8 & Farmington and its just to far for me.
    Posted via Mobile Device

7. BBLawn

BBLawn LawnSite Member

Not what I'm understanding. Check out Q2 on the FAQs that came with the letter, and Amy at MNLA confirmed this for me -- once the nursery/grower goes through its annual inspection, all its stock is considered "Michigan grown". There is still the open question of what about retail outlets that continually bring in out of state stock; i.e. Home Depot. I would expect we get clarification on this point over the summer, but I'm willing to bet as long as its an outlet getting inspected annually, we'll be fine on everything we buy. I'm getting a strong impression that the real purpose of this change is so the state can identify the points of entry for non-native plant material; they are not trying, nor have the resources, to discourage commerce within Michigan.

8. jmkr02

jmkr02 LawnSite Senior Member

Let me know what you got 3133775412
    Posted via Mobile Device

9. ajslands

ajslands LawnSite Silver Member

Hey do any of you LCO's do brush hogging or know some one who does, I've got a client that has some old horse pastures that are about five years over grown, mainly grass and scrubby crap. I don't want to do it because I've never done it before and don't had he equipment. The property is located in South Rockwood/ Flat Rock.
    Posted via Mobile Device

10. terrapro

Wow I can not believe the amount of single axle trailers hauling Z's this year. They are everywhere!