1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Michigan LCO's

Discussion in 'Network: Central' started by tiedeman, Sep 4, 2003.

1. Outdoors_Unlimited

Outdoors_Unlimited LawnSite Senior Member

I have one client who uses Tru Green. Most of the rest use a local company.

The tru green lawn has been burned on more than one occasion, theyve already done an app this year, and I think the first thing they teach the techs is to blame any problems on cut height. Three times now, when my client makes a complaint to them, they blame my cut height, so I've showed her with a tape measure that I'm cutting at 3.75". Her lawn always has weeds in it too.

The lawns treated by the local company have none of these issues.
    Posted via Mobile Device

2. alternative

alternative LawnSite Senior Member

Ive heard the same bs line from TG guys..."your lawn service is cutting too low", they even leave a postcard with a ruler on it.... Nice, I know what im doing and maybe if they used a little more chemical in their water solution they wouldnt have too many weeds.. :laugh:

3. Hidden Talents Lawn Care

Hidden Talents Lawn Care LawnSite Member
    from Livonia

That's odd, because I don't seem to have any complaints from the customers that I mow and treat through Trugreen. Everyone is quick to jump and say that Trugreen blames the mowers but yet here we are listening to everyone quickly jump and blame Trugreen.

You also claim that Trugreen is out to just "Make a Buck" but yet once again, I see several posts on here where the mowers are dieing to get out there and "Find Something to do". I was under the impression that site was for us companies to support each other and not tear each other down but I guess I was wrong.
    I'm pretty sure that if you were really concerned about your customers as you claim you are, then you would be more willing to work "with" Trugreen instead of tearing them down.

I personally have never EVER accused a mower of anything they were not guilty of. I actually take the time to investigate the condition and inform the customer of what is truly wrong. If it happens to be that the mower is mowing too short, hen yes, that is what I inform the customer of.

Blaming each other doesn't help the customer, and isn't that why we are truly here, for the customer. I highly suggest that you get off your high horse and off your mower every once in a while and actually take the time to see what the problem is instead of just saying that Trugreen doesn't apply the application properly. I have been doing this for 13 years now and the funny part is, the ones who accuse us of "Running and Gunning", are often the ones who are blazing through the property themselves.

4. KG26

KG26 LawnSite Member

I thought you said you don't mow?...

5. boss75

boss75 LawnSite Member

Why are you applying fert. at this time of the season. I have seen TG applicators applying material for over a week now.

6. boss75

boss75 LawnSite Member

Hey Hidden Talents, were still waiting for an answer why you have been putting down fert. so early this year, and what does the customer benefit from this early service.

7. Hidden Talents Lawn Care

from Livonia

I never said I don't mow. I said Trugreen doesn't mow and if you read further, I said that I have a mowing company myself.

Last edited: Mar 25, 2013
  8. Hidden Talents Lawn Care

from Livonia

I already replied to this when I said " I have not applied a drop of fertilizer to any of my commercial customers or any of the customers that I am sub-contracted to do through other landscapers". I am in complete control of when I get started and what I apply to my customers lawns. I wasn't planning on getting started until Tuesday but I am putting it off. The current 4" soil temperature is 32 degrees as of today so guess what guys, the lawns will begin growing in a couple days when the temps go up.

9. P.Services

P.Services LawnSite Fanatic

I was just digging for a electrical line next to the shop and have 6" thick chunks of frost coming out. Mud on top and frost below it. I am on the shade side so factor that in.....

10. Hidden Talents Lawn Care

from Livonia