1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Michigan LCO's

Discussion in 'Network: Central' started by tiedeman, Sep 4, 2003.

1. Tight Angles

Tight Angles LawnSite Senior Member

Hey guys. Just want to let everyone know I am selling two Dixie Choppers. Both have newer engines on them with very low hours. I am willing to sell them cheap because I want to put a down payment on a new mower. Both mowers run excellent. I have attached the ad where I have them listed on craigslist.

2. Working Man

Working Man LawnSite Member

What size engines/decks?
  3. jaybow

jaybow LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Mi

When are you guys gonna start with the spring cleanups?
  4. Outdoors_Unlimited

Outdoors_Unlimited LawnSite Senior Member

I'm starting today. Rolling out now.
    Posted via Mobile Device
  5. Outdoors_Unlimited

Outdoors_Unlimited LawnSite Senior Member

And that felt good!! Feels good to be back to work, and everything ran smoothly.
    Posted via Mobile Device
  6. Lightningllc

Lightningllc LawnSite Senior Member

If anyone is looking for exmark mowers I will have a couple for sale.

1 xs 31 hp 60"
    1 27 hp 60"
    1 25hp 60"

Also have 20 or 30 whips that will work just need tlc to get them going.

Also a couple of Redmax 7000 that need tlc.

Might be selling alot more just getting into things.

Hope it's a better season. Gas / payroll killed me last year.
    Posted via Mobile Device
  7. P.Services

P.Services LawnSite Fanatic

Gas and payroll are going to be the same. Maybe its time to raise your prices.....gasp..... No more mulch for 29 dollars a yard, no more cuts for 19.95.....gasp......

Got into a conversation with a guy yesterday. I told him they need to quit working for so cheap. He says but i mow 8 lawns on this street, i can put one truck at the end and it doesnt move for 4 hours and i make 200 bucks!!! I said yeah well i cut 4 lawns on this street and we are done in 1 hr and 15 minutes and i make 195.00 bucks.

Who's winning? hes still there for another 3 hours and im gone and off to my next cluster.

The problem is the guys that want to be big big big and only can get lawns on price alone. How about a little personal care and relationships to grow slower but get higher priced work? Most guys dont want to wait for that though.

Talked to a guy who is heavy in your area justin, company starts with a bea, Hes complaining that every one is so cheap. He just couldn't believe it when i told him HE WAS THE BIGGEST PROBLEM. Every one is trying to match or beat your price. I gave him a specific street and said i mow those for 55 a piece and you mow them for 28....... why? I have a feeling Mr. Obama's health care mandate will deal a blow to that company.
  8. Lightningllc

Lightningllc LawnSite Senior Member

Yes he's doing alot of bids lower than sub par pricing but he does good work though.
    Posted via Mobile Device
  9. P.Services

P.Services LawnSite Fanatic

Thats the problem. Both these companies im referring to actually do very nice work. One of them i would have to say produces the best looking lawns around. Use that quality as a stepping stone to raise your rates. Do you run the risk that joe's mow blow and go will steal that lawn when you raise the rate? yes but i bet 9 out of 10 recognize your quality work and will stay with you. Could you imagine mowing 400 lawns and raising the rates not a few bucks but 10-20 dollars per lawn? Now you r making money not just spinning your wheels.

If you have 20 trucks on the road you as a owner need to be making 6 figures with ease. Into the 200-300k range or your just kidding yourself. The guys that arnt making money are the ones putting it onto their self and the industry.

Its time to wake up, smell the coffee and realize you dont have to give the vegetable stand away. Things are coming back strong.
  10. lawnkid14

lawnkid14 LawnSite Member

how soon till we should be mowing 2 weeks?