Michigan LCO's

Discussion in 'Network: Central' started by tiedeman, Sep 4, 2003.

1. Lightningllc

Lightningllc LawnSite Senior Member

Costs are at there all time high and everyone has raised prices. I know I raised everyone 5-10% from last year.

I'm seeing numbers so low working at McDonald's you would make more $$$
    Posted via Mobile Device

2. Cody S

Cody S LawnSite Senior Member

Luckily those low prices usually only last a few months, and the customers learn about what comes with a $15 dollar cut
    Posted via Mobile Device

3. Lightningllc

Lightningllc LawnSite Senior Member

I'm talking about Commerical jobs not residential jobs. Residential I gave up on 6 years ago.
    Posted via Mobile Device

4. Cody S

Ah my mistake, sorry about that. Large commercials are definitely the money makers
    Posted via Mobile Device

5. greenstar lawn

greenstar lawn LawnSite Senior Member

Tell me about it. Lost a commercial lot this winter to a guy that bid it to low and the lot ended up calling me back since he was a no show. Now I give the plaza owner my contract for lawn and he said he is going to try out the same guy that was a no show for winter. My price was $90 for mowing and his price was $35. Serviced this place for 4 years and this is how I get treated
    Posted via Mobile Device

6. alternative

alternative LawnSite Senior Member

gonna be a late start forsure this year

7. Superior L & L

Superior L & L LawnSite Senior Member

We have mowers on commercial property's today doing clean ups. They did a very nice job. Although a couple of days in the 50's and they will turn to mush I think
    Posted via Mobile Device

8. Cody S

Question. Where's the best place for mulch in Wayne/Oakland County. I've tried a few places but looking for something better.
    Thanks
    Posted via Mobile Device

9. boss75

boss75 LawnSite Member

You should look into fertilizing.

10. gunsworth

gunsworth LawnSite Member

Thats why I gave up on commercial. That should be an 80$ cut and 100$ plow, there's 15mins of drivetime just getting in/out of there... every commercial in my area takes bids each year, and every year a different company I have never heard of does them, ill stick to residential for cutting.