Michigan LCO's

Discussion in 'Network: Central' started by tiedeman, Sep 4, 2003.

1. Lightningllc

Lightningllc LawnSite Senior Member

You need med cards driving any Commerical licensed vehicle. Or a vehicle with a company name.
    Posted via Mobile Device
  2. 3rdDayBrad

3rdDayBrad LawnSite Member
    from MI

You're right Lightningllc... ANY vehicle used in a commercial manner should have the DOT number assigned to that company, and the driver of said vehicle must meet the requirements of driving said commercial vehicle. Whether it's a pick up truck (Chauffers) to a tri-axle dump (CDL A), AND a medical card is required.

It's the price of running a business.
  3. Lightningllc

Just bite the bullet and buy the plates, insurance, med cards, lettering, triangles, flares, first aid kit, fuses and do a annual inspection.

Everyone is just trying to beat the system. Just buck up and do it fricken right the first time. I'm so tired of the arguments over this.

If you don't like the rules don't do this line of work, go work at McDonald's.

I pay over $5000 in plates every year, I pay Commerical fleet insurance, inspections are cheap just pay it and no matter what a first aid kit / triangles / flares should be on every truck.

Just over do it and you have nothing to worry about.
    Posted via Mobile Device
  4. Outdoor Services

Outdoor Services LawnSite Senior Member

Last edited: Apr 16, 2013
  5. Outdoor Services

6. Outdoor Services

7. Metro Lawn

Metro Lawn LawnSite Silver Member

This is why nobody knows what is going on. Please don't post unless you know what you are talking about. Since the passing of Public Act 231 last June, commercial vehicles under 26001 pounds no longer need to display DOT numbers. btw if you leave them on your truck, then you have to follow FMC regs for everything. We are removing ours except on the larger dump trucks.
  8. Grassmechanic

Grassmechanic LawnSite Silver Member

Exactly! When people post this kind of stuff, I wonder if the Government gives them a tax break, will they still pay the old, higher rates?
  9. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes LawnSite Fanatic

Link please Justin.

Because I don't believe that if I send someone out in my Dakota they need to have a med card. Or if I buy a Prius.

My understanding is that med cards apply to a vehicle or combo with a GCVWR of over 10,001.

PS Remember, I am coming at it from the logical, normal side of the state, not where you guys have idiots running around making up laws. Like tarps on loads of salt and angled blades having the potential of being too wide. ;)
  10. Lightningllc

Mark, I just am doing it to all my trucks and drivers, Every fricken town is different and it seems like from msp, county weigh master, local town weigh master to a general officer this law being interpreted wrong or right, I am not taking chances anymore but just overdoing everything, Only trucks plated gvw plates are anything over 10k

I want my guys to have med cards for the sake of its easier to get drug tests done this way when I hire them.