Michigan LCO's

Discussion in 'Network: Central' started by tiedeman, Sep 4, 2003.

1. Centralmichiganlawncare

Centralmichiganlawncare LawnSite Member

So got a call today to bid on a Church, Lot is 4.5 acres not much trimming or blowing. Not sure what is a far price the biggest lawn we cut are half acre, But i have been wanting this account for several years. I was thinking around $165.00 per cut. What do you think any help would be great.

2. Metro Lawn

Metro Lawn LawnSite Silver Member

In the bulletin I was sent from the MTA along with the notice sent to us with our MPSC updates both state that if you leave the DOT numbers on your vehicles you have to still comply with regs for safety equipment, hours of service, ect. just like a "commercial vehicle" Along with the abilty to track violations through your DOT number.

3. NIXRAY

NIXRAY LawnSite Senior Member

I heard, only heard.. That the Detroit area as well as cities in the area, are/is the training zone for MSP and all the prospect divisions. That would greatly explain the area policing, As well the Marshal region.

4. Lightningllc

Lightningllc LawnSite Senior Member

Good weather if your a frog or a fish. Geez spring came on fast.
    Posted via Mobile Device

5. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes LawnSite Fanatic

What GVWR truck?

Were you on roads that are only allowed 96"?

Yeah, but the MTA also thinks peeps running loaders should have CDL's.

Anyways, this is impossible. It's just like stating that if one has air brakes, one must have a CDL. If the vehicle does not fall under the requirements of the law, they can not enforce rules that do not apply to that vehicle.

6. greenglacierllc

greenglacierllc LawnSite Member

3500 chevy 3 yard dump
    jackson down town

but we did a tape on the plow it is 104" wide with curb gaurd cuting edge

i did not know we needed class B licence

7. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes LawnSite Fanatic

Then you were overwidth.

You do NOT need a CDL, the cop is an idiot and attempting to generate revenue.

Dreaming here, but wouldn't it be great if cops were charged for court fees for writing tickets that were not legal?

Fight it and get your money back.

8. Brett's Cutting Edge

Brett's Cutting Edge LawnSite Member
    from novi

Thanks but I've never done it before and with how busy we are I just need to pay someone to take care of it.
    Posted via Mobile Device

9. JCLawn and more

JCLawn and more LawnSite Fanatic
    from MI

Was that a city cop? If it was a state cop you must of really been in the wrong place at the wrong time, state cops hardly ever go into jackson.

10. Grassmechanic

Grassmechanic LawnSite Silver Member

I heard of a guy with a 8' with wings got a ticket for that