Michigan LCO's

Discussion in 'Network: Central' started by tiedeman, Sep 4, 2003.

1. Centralmichiganlawncare

Centralmichiganlawncare LawnSite Member

Ludema & Boyink Sod Farm I use them as my supplier for the lansing area. Very cheap delivery charge

2. vmike

vmike LawnSite Member

Yes. If you're still looking shoot me a private message or give me a call/text. I'll put you in touch w/ someone. (248) 767-4130

3. vmike

vmike LawnSite Member

Start up & shut down; small commercial site. Might have a few others as well.

4. reliablelawn

reliablelawn LawnSite Member

Question for the local guys- I'm located at 696/Woodard and business is getting to the point where I can no longer use friends here and there as part time workers. I want to find someone that is willing to be full time for the mowing season, help out with fall cleanups, and snow. What I don't know is how to go about finding such a person. All my part time help is college kids who go away in the fall and spring. The only thing I can think of is post an ad on craigslist, but am unsure of the type of crowd that would draw in. If any one can share some personal experience with hiring employees and how to go about that, especially the first few employees, I would greatly appreciate that.

5. Lightningllc

Lightningllc LawnSite Senior Member

Get ahold of me 2482407298
    Posted via Mobile Device

6. vmike

vmike LawnSite Member

I can tell you that recruiting and developing good employees is a major challenge. My advice is to always be looking for talent. If you wait until you have an empty seat on the mower, it's too late. Some places to post ads include: Craigslist, Backpage, Michigan Talent Bank, Paper signs in party stores, etc. I've used all of these w/ varying results. Talk to people and get the word out (like you are right now). I think the best source (when it's an option) is referrals from your current employees. Good luck w/ your search!

7. vmike

vmike LawnSite Member

Thanks. I'll touch base w/ you Monday

8. Lightningllc

Lightningllc LawnSite Senior Member

Anyone want a landscape job north of Chicago. Just got a hit off my website.
    Posted via Mobile Device
    Posted via Mobile Device

9. JCLawn and more

JCLawn and more LawnSite Fanatic
    from MI

I'm in the same situation. I use college help. I need 1 full time guy but I don't know how to get a guy to call my right hand man without keeping him on year around.
    Posted via Mobile Device

10. terrapro

terrapro LawnSite Bronze Member

I never expected this year to be this good. This is crazy, I don't know about you guys but I have a ton of work!