Michigan LCO's

Discussion in 'Network: Central' started by tiedeman, Sep 4, 2003.

1. Superior L & L

Superior L & L LawnSite Senior Member

Bordines, nice quality and consistent. Order over the winter, have them grown for you and save big money
    Posted via Mobile Device

2. Outdoors_Unlimited

Outdoors_Unlimited LawnSite Senior Member

I had horrible luck last year.....though they were impatients. Went to Wojos this year, and I bought 20 flats, they ended up giving me 50 because they were so bad. And now the 25~ that are in the ground look like ****.

Went to another place (for another job) paid more, but got nice flowers.
    Posted via Mobile Device

3. Mowerboy04

Mowerboy04 LawnSite Bronze Member

brad pm me your number or text me, maybe we can sit down monday and get all my stuff covered through your company. the guys i use really dropped the ball :(

4. JCLawn and more

JCLawn and more LawnSite Fanatic
    from MI

Are you serious? Holy crap! Nothing you can do about it?
    Posted via Mobile Device

5. bln

bln LawnSite Senior Member

Alex, contact your insurance agency directly and start putting the pressure on them. You don't have to accept what they offer. When i was hit we negotiated for 3 months before I settled with them. I still have your # so I will text you now.
    Posted via Mobile Device

Last edited: Jun 9, 2013
  6. bln

bln LawnSite Senior Member

Alex, contact your insurance agency directly and start putting the pressure on them. You don't have to accept what they offer. When i was hit we negotiated for w months before I settled with them. I still have your # so I will text you know.
    Posted via Mobile Device

7. Grassmechanic

Grassmechanic LawnSite Silver Member

I won't plant impatiens until they develop a downy mildew resistant variety. If you lost impatiens last year to downy, and re-plant this year in the same spot, you will lose them again. Downy remains in the soil and is pretty resistant to fungicides (Lord knows I tried dang near everything).

8. Outdoors_Unlimited

I didn't plant impatiens this year. I was speaking of last years batch from Bordines not doing very well from the get go, but I imagine that was because they got mildew early on, and the whole neighborhood lost their impatiens very early (August we pulled them)
    Posted via Mobile Device

9. Outdoors_Unlimited

I may try the route of ordering them in the winter, that way I can be assured of having enough flats of healthy flowers ready for us whenever we're ready.

I think I'm probably part of the problem, as I only give them a week or so notice to pick up 40 or 50 flats at a time.
    Posted via Mobile Device

10. Grassmechanic

Grassmechanic LawnSite Silver Member

If you are willing to travel to the east side, there are many growers out here who don't even flinch at 40-50 flats. These guys supply a lot of the smaller garden shops, along with Eastern Market.