Michigan LCO's

Discussion in 'Network: Central' started by tiedeman, Sep 4, 2003.

1. jeezy

jeezy LawnSite Member

Starting out, I was in your position and it was tough doing both. I happened to manage my work schedule around school only taking on what I could do to get me by. I wasn't trying to take on anything I couldn't handle for myself.

In order to find employee's you should consider asking someone you know that is either not working or in the same position as you are looking to make a few extra bucks. Unless you have a 45-50 week with competitive pay, it will be hard to find a veteran worker in our field.

2. BrandonG

BrandonG LawnSite Member

Just wondering what some of you guys pay for worker's comp?

Progressive only brokers through a company that has a minimum payroll requirement of $25k + so he couldn't give me a quote.

Just wondering what rates you guys pay? I think I have read that it is somewhere in the 3.5 - 5.0 % range, for basic lawn maintenance, nothing like going up trees or roofs.

Also not sure about unemployment insurance in MI, is that something automatically taken out of payroll and you don't have to get special private insurance for that?

Thanks for the replies!

3. jmkr02

jmkr02 LawnSite Senior Member

Posted via Mobile Device

4. jaybow

jaybow LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Mi

Just thinking ahead for next year, does anybody know where a person can buy Calcium Chloride in bulk? Maybe a pallet.

5. jaybow

from Mi

Maybe a pallet of the bagged pellets is what I might be interested in.

6. Cody S

Cody S LawnSite Senior Member

I got mine from John Deere. You can get Peladow no problem.
    Posted via Mobile Device

7. jaybow

from Mi

What's the pricing on that? Is that the small graduals, or flakes, or does it make a difference? Thanks.
    Posted via Mobile Device

8. Cody S

Cody S LawnSite Senior Member

I think it's around $850 for a pallet, and it's 50, 50lb bags. They're pellets
    Posted via Mobile Device

9. bln

bln LawnSite Senior Member

I left you a p.m.
    Posted via Mobile Device

10. grassmaster06

grassmaster06 LawnSite Senior Member

I have a residential lawn in canton,off of ford rd and canton center that I need someone to handle for me.its part of a lager network of group homes so I can't just let this one go ,it's a 15 min cut and pays $35 real easy in and out .if anyone good is interested please send me a pm for more details.thanks