1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Michigan LCO's

Discussion in 'Network: Central' started by tiedeman, Sep 4, 2003.

1. rstan2010

rstan2010 LawnSite Member
    from Troy MI

Where is everyone finding workers? I need at least one guy with experience if anyone knows someone.

2. brookline

brookline LawnSite Senior Member

Where do you have time with all this rain let alone the customers that won't complain when the bill comes with 2 extra cuts for the month? Lol
    Posted via Mobile Device

3. P.Services

P.Services LawnSite Fanatic

Must not have a full route if you can cut every five days. I just want to get everyone cut before it's 10" long.
    Can't get any mulch down either!
    Posted via Mobile Device

4. Captain Mike

Captain Mike LawnSite Member

I have a different approach . I actually speak w/ my customers . I tell them right off the bat that when it gets over 4"...or when you don't see the "lines" , i'll be by to cut it. All of my customers have 250k houses on up to 900k. These people don't worry about an extra 1 or 2 cuts ...I don't have contracts, so I'm able to cut as much as I like...they trust me. They just want to come home after work knowing that they don't have to cut the lawn-- a stiff drink and a swim in the pool is on their mind.
    People don't like clumps and I don't leave clumps , I live in the same city as my customers and drive by quite a bit monitoring the lawns progress. MOST people have sprinklers and a fertilizer program...='s $$$$$$$$$$ for me ---everytime it rains...$$$ for me

On the other hand, when its dry and they don't want to water, I just wait until its ready. In the downtime I do maintenance, suggest bed fluffing/ mulch or just walleye fish in the Detroit river / Lake Erie

5. Captain Mike

Correct, i don't...20 customers

6. greenglacierllc

greenglacierllc LawnSite Member

This is what I'M Talking About :waving:

7. P.Services

P.Services LawnSite Fanatic

Hey nothing wrong at all with that! I swear I made my most money when I had 40 lawns.
    I would pay you to take me walleye fishing! I've been wanting to get a charter for years. Just never get around to it.
    Posted via Mobile Device

8. Captain Mike

Pm sent.......

9. 3rdDayBrad

3rdDayBrad LawnSite Member
    from MI

I'm with you! Seems that I can't get anything done. A normally 6-7 hour job took me 2 days to get completed. The mulch is heavy and my truck doesn't like that. Have a few lawn customers that have yet to have their first cut.... the ground is saturated and I would sink if I even attempted a cut.

Oh well, at least I'm not going to complain...... yet! :dizzy:

10. Cody S

Cody S LawnSite Senior Member

Can we take a "rain check" for all of this rain and bring it back in July? Thanks, sincerely, every landscaper in MI