Michigan LCO's

Discussion in 'Network: Central' started by tiedeman, Sep 4, 2003.

1. Five Star Lawn Care LLC

Five Star Lawn Care LLC LawnSite Bronze Member

we buy all of our equipment at Commercial...very great guys and girls up there

i am ussually up there about 3-4 days a week in peek season....even if it is just to shoot the $hit......my yard and my house are both less than 1/2 mile from there.

They do alot of stuff for me that they dont have to do and i owe a lot to them....they really make my life easy

2. Tight Angles

Tight Angles LawnSite Senior Member

ya, I am up there all the time too. Anytime I need a quick repair, they always put me ahead of the normal person. Do you ever go to the open house where all the dealers come to talk about the new equipment? I think its in March.

3. carbon737

carbon737 LawnSite Member

Anyone in need of a grunt for the year? My neighbor asked me and I told him I would ask. He says he's done landscaping for 2 years and is familiar with the tools we use. He says he wishes not to use commercial mowers. The guy lives next door so if anyone is interested let me know.

4. RedWingsDet

RedWingsDet LawnSite Gold Member
    from Detroit

Where do you guys buy your new trailers?

Theres a few places by me, but are pretty high. Theres also someone in toledo who sells them real cheap but ads a 9.5% surcharge to them which makes it higher. I also know someone who can get me a good deal on one for a few hundred over cost. But anyway, im planning on getting a new one in the begining of april.

Anyway where do you guys get them, and what are you paying?

5. carbon737

carbon737 LawnSite Member

I have a place down the road from me. Its called Mike's Trailer service on 8 mile west of John R. I am freinds of a freind with the owner so I can get a pretty good deal.

6. RedWingsDet

from Detroit

A neighbor down the street was telling me they had 7x16ft trailers at a place by the airport. I think he said it was Called Antique Trailer, but I couldnt find their number or anything.

does ANYONE know where this place is????

Thanks

7. Groundcover Solutions

Groundcover Solutions LawnSite Bronze Member

I emailed that person in Toledo they quoted me 1750 out the door for a 6x10 with a side door! it sounds like a good deal what do you guys think?

8. Smithers

Smithers LawnSite Silver Member

i can guarantee you that i know who you called.....i dont remember the name of the place, but they are the manufacturers of Haulin Trailer, right? let me do a little search. John's Trailer Sales - am i right?

they are the cheapest trailers around, i can guarantee you that. in fact, i have one of their trailers. i bought it in a place in Indiana.

9. RedWingsDet

from Detroit

http://www.johnstrailersales.com/haulin/ls.html :) Kind of weird they said $1750, their website says "HALS610SA $1490" but I guess after you add the surcharge and side door it comes out to that, still not bad though. Is that with a ramp door too?

10. Smithers

Smithers LawnSite Silver Member

mark, you must not have been listening cause i was telling everyone at the get together that i got my trailer out the door for $1995. i had to pay with a credit card, so i paid $2050. great deal.

i know antique trailer by the airport...more expensive.

i live 2 miles from Commercial lawnmower.....but use Weingartz in Novi.

Comm lawnmower is kinda weird. the guy in there did not have the mower i wanted so i bought one at weingarts that same day. he missed out on a big commision.
    dont know if i can go there to get it repaired if needed.