1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Michigan LCO's

Discussion in 'Network: Central' started by tiedeman, Sep 4, 2003.

1. MImowerkid

MImowerkid LawnSite Member

We got some snow , I don't knwo how much you guys got but i'm only looking at 1.5" or so . Bummer I don't plow under 2" i bet you guys are salting like crazy , I wish I had the equitment to do that. My dad went over to Priority 1 , anmd he tell me it's really nice . Hopefully i'll go this weekend! I can't wait till the end of this week because i'm going to find out if I'm goign to get this one truck I have been looking at . I just hopr they don't wnat too much otherwise i'm gonna get something else! hope everyone had a good rest of the week! -chris-
  2. Five Star Lawn Care LLC

Five Star Lawn Care LLC LawnSite Bronze Member

We salted like crazy.....went through about 25 or so tons, alot of our stuff is high-risk customers, so we just kept everything wet. Most properties got salted 3 times....im still going to go out later tonight and do some touch-up work were the cars are now
  3. Scenic Lawnscape

Scenic Lawnscape LawnSite Senior Member

I closed my business last July and I am looking for a full time prefer year round position. I have a vast background in landscaping/lawn maintenance, as well in sales and management. If anyone know's of anything please let me know
    I can fax or e-mail my resume
  4. Tight Angles

Tight Angles LawnSite Senior Member

Today was my easiest day yet for snow. Only took 8 hrs. It was barely 2'', and that is the minimum I go out at.

The brand of my amp is Directed. 600watts. I bought it at ABC warehouse. Go on Crutchfield.com and enter the type of truck you have and it will show all the customized speakers that fit. My box is specifically made for the quad cab Ram. It has some serious bass. It is $400 on Crutchfield.com, but I bought mine on Ebay brandnew for $300.

I think my trailers might be spoken for. I'll know by tomorrow.
  5. mtdman

mtdman LawnSite Gold Member

As I understand it, for what I drive I only need a chauffer's license. It was real easy to get, test was a breeze, right off of the info sheet.

Look here: http://www.michigan.gov/sos/0,1607,7-127-1627_8666_9064-25395--,00.html

Snow was easy today, but wet and slushy in some spots. I almost prefer a bit colder temp to make things fluffier. I wouldn't mind seeing a couple more snow falls this month.

6. Groundcover Solutions

Groundcover Solutions LawnSite Bronze Member

Well I got back from indiana a few hours ago... HOLY crap the drive back was fine untill I hit the lansing area around 127! the freeway was pure ice. I tryed to go fifty and I almost lost my trailer! had to go 40-45 for about 25 miles. there were cars all over in the ditch and the median it was crazy. but i made it back in once peice and now i have a nice trailer. it is a 6x10 double back doors and a 32" side door with a vent and two dome lights and switches and a dimond plate rock gard. for only 1750 out the door. so i got 50 extra bucks to help pay for taxes and plates.
  7. Tscape

Tscape LawnSite Bronze Member

Wow, this forum moves quick! Anyway congrats on your purchase GCS. I meant 7x16 BTW. It is a Royal.
  8. Smithers

Smithers LawnSite Silver Member

thanks a lot, Tom!!!.

Matt, what was the name of the place where you got it at? MSI?
  9. Groundcover Solutions

Groundcover Solutions LawnSite Bronze Member

I purchased it from johns trailer sales and picked it up at the us cargo factory. I belive the name of the factory is called forrest hills.
  10. Axl

Axl LawnSite Member

Turfscape.......are you trying to sell that trailer?