Michigan LCO's

Discussion in 'Network: Central' started by tiedeman, Sep 4, 2003.

1. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

I am just doing yellow pages this year for advertising. Spent a little more money on an ad, approx $210 a month, and that is all I am going to do

2. tiedeman

from earth

looks like it is going to be a mess early next week. Supposed to get rain, sleet, and snow on Sunday and Monday

3. scraper69

scraper69 LawnSite Senior Member
    from mi

no calls yet.. think its still too early? ohwell once the weather breaks , all will be calling- it will be a last minute rush as always!

4. tiedeman

from earth

this year I think is going to be one of the shortest seasons ever, unless we get some nice weather in November to make up for the lost weeks this month

5. amw

amw LawnSite Senior Member

dont know if your going to get this soon enuff....

sorry it took me sooooo long to reply, i thought i already replyed...musta hit "preview post" instead of "submit reply"..

this would be fine with me, let me know if you still want to meeet up.

6. Smithers

Smithers LawnSite Silver Member

tony, not a problem.....i just saw it by accident. i was going to leave to meet with my client to discuss his land clearing project.

you are right, i almost missed you post.

please PM me your number so that i can call you when i get back from the client. This way we can decide on the exact time, ok? it maybe 4pm or 3:30, who knows when i will be back.

thanks. looking forward to it. here is their address:

McVee's
    (248) 352-8243
    23380 Telegraph Rd Southfield, MI (between 9 & 10) actually closer to 9 than 10 mile, on the EAST side of telegraph.

7. Classic Lawn

Classic Lawn LawnSite Senior Member

Hey guys i think i may have asked this question before. But I just went up to the local post office to see if i could put stuff on the outside of the mail box and they said nope that is illegal. so i guess the only other thing to do is walk them door to door. This is the first year i am really advertising any help would be greatly appreciated. thanks

8. tiedeman

from earth

yup it's illegal. A federal offense. You might want to check with your city as well to see whether you need a permit to hang door hangers or post flyers. I know here you need a permit. Its called a "peddlers permit."

9. Classic Lawn

Classic Lawn LawnSite Senior Member

I didn't know that i'll have to go check. What do u just go to like the city offices to check that. How much do the nail u for that if u dont mind me asking.

10. Smithers

Smithers LawnSite Silver Member

jeremy....good thing you asked. better to find out before, than to get a call from somone. good job.