Michigan LCO's

Discussion in 'Network: Central' started by tiedeman, Sep 4, 2003.

1. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

they didn't feel like paying the $75 for the new plates I guess

2. Leaping

Leaping LawnSite Member

I am bidding on a tree/branch clean up at elizabeth and 59 and need to know where is the closest dump is and their pricing.

Thanks in advance

3. Metro Lawn

Metro Lawn LawnSite Silver Member

It has been years since I needed to dump up that way. There was a dump off of Williams Lake Rd. just north of 59. Not sure if it is still open. If not, you may have to go to Auburn Hills or Orion. There are 2 up there. Not sure what they charge.

4. sailinstud420

sailinstud420 LawnSite Senior Member

Anyone here in Grand Rapids?????

5. amw

amw LawnSite Senior Member

that sucks about your tailer plate, the last 2 times i went to the sec. of state it took atleast 2hours they were so busy

good luck

6. new2thebiz

new2thebiz LawnSite Member

Hey guys, just started up my business in Jackson, got 5 clients so far, but many potential clients are telling me my prices are too high and that other companies have quoted them a much lower price. I'm only shooting for about 30 - 35 an hour, is that too much for my area?

7. Five Star Lawn Care LLC

Five Star Lawn Care LLC LawnSite Bronze Member

i dont think thats to high....how are you bidding?...by the hour of by the job.

hopefully your bidding by the job...and in that case you are probable just over estimating the time its going to take you which is driiving up your price...

8. new2thebiz

new2thebiz LawnSite Member

I'm bidding by the job, I'm pretty sure that my times are fairly accurate too, the only thing is, I only have a regular 42" riding mower instead of a larger ztr or walkbehind for now until I get enough jobs to warrant getting something better. Should I lower my prices and take the lower per hour pay until I get a new mower? If so, how much time would a 48" or 54" ztr or walkbehind save me over the mower I have now?

9. sailinstud420

sailinstud420 LawnSite Senior Member

I know this is supposed to go on the buy sell trade forum but I am looking for stuff locally, which is hard to find over there. I live in Grand Rapids and am looking for anything used running or not, backpack blower, edgers, trimmers, hedgers, sulky, grass catcher,etc. No mowers however!! Thanks!

10. Xcellent Lawn

Xcellent Lawn LawnSite Member

What would you guys if when someone that worked for you in the past starts there own business and then aproached some of your customers...??

2 of my customers of 7 yrs quit me this season and I seen a former employee cutting there lawns this week.. I needless to say wanted to kill him....