Michigan LCO's

Discussion in 'Network: Central' started by tiedeman, Sep 4, 2003.

1. Mr Budget

Mr Budget LawnSite Member

For those of you that are not solo operators and have some part time helpers & full time take note, that Michigan did raise the min. wage this year, it does not come into effect till plowing season starts again but even the part timers will be making at least 7.95 per hour. looks like we raise our prices next year !!

2. wriken

wriken LawnSite Silver Member

I'm good to go, already pay more then the future increase, now they will just want more:)

3. Outdoor Services

Outdoor Services LawnSite Senior Member

Shure does! If my 30 Gallon tank is low on the truck it's under 5000 lbs. If I took all the crap out of the cab like the huge bottle jack,tools jackets, hats and all the bs we like to stuf behind the seats. Not to mention the frame mounted after market trailer hitch probly adds another 200-250lbs. Damn plow mount on the front probly adds 300+lbs. I guess stip the truck of the bs and gass, have it scaled out with a certificate stateing the weight, and stuf that slip in the glove box with rest of bs papers for the state:rolleyes:

4. Eclipse

Eclipse LawnSite Bronze Member

I thought it was going up to $6.95?

5. Metro Lawn

Metro Lawn LawnSite Silver Member

I was wrong with my numbers before. 5001 and up is correct and the spec sheet shows 90-93 full size Dodge Ram curb weight at 3831 pounds. I was able to find this on auto.consumerguide.com. I am sure mine are a bit heavier but I think it should still be under 5,000. I printed the spec page and suck it in the glove box with the registration. The Sec. of State goes by the manufactures specs, so that should work. It wouldn't be correct for them to weigh your truck on the side of the road with tools ect in it because that would be considered gross weight and not tare (empty) weight which is the basis for plates.

6. dcondon

dcondon LawnSite Silver Member

Yup we haven't gone over price yet!!!!:laugh:

7. Mike's Lawn & Snow

Mike's Lawn & Snow LawnSite Senior Member

The post from earlier stated any truck pulling a trailer for commercial uses meaning where we make a profit must have a weighted sticker on it. That's what I was told when i got pulled over in scs for not having one.

8. Mr Budget

Got my #s crossed you are correct it is 6.95 but then it gos up again a few months later to 7.15 i belive and then up a little from there

9. Mr Budget

It would boost the minimum wage from its current rate of $5.15 an hour to $6.95 an hour in October and $7.15 in July 2007. The minimum would rise to $7.40 an hour in July 2008.

10. scraper69

scraper69 LawnSite Senior Member
    from mi

Minimum wage is irrelevant in this field. How many of you guys pay your help less than 10/hr? Even starting wages are around 8.
    If you have someone working for 5.15/hr. , let me know where you found them..:clapping: