Michigan LCO's

Discussion in 'Network: Central' started by tiedeman, Sep 4, 2003.

1. mtdman

mtdman LawnSite Gold Member

Anyone do hydro seeding in or around Ann Arbor?

2. RedWingsDet

RedWingsDet LawnSite Gold Member
    from Detroit

I will jason, but I'll most likely take them because they're right around the corner from a few others.

Mike, yeah thats the guy, he also cuts a couple florists.

3. scraper69

scraper69 LawnSite Senior Member
    from mi

I'm with you.
    But I have already started that war a couple yrs ago, and it takes persistance to get these SCRUBS out. But dont give up.:hammerhead:

4. Mike's Lawn & Snow

Mike's Lawn & Snow LawnSite Senior Member

what florisists does he cut? He lives around the block from me he must be on disability or something cuz thats all he does is mow the lawns with his grandam other then that he walks his dog around the block about 12 times a day

5. Mike's Lawn & Snow

hey scraper what's your company name?>

6. Jason Pallas

Jason Pallas LawnSite Bronze Member

I'm with you on the scrub thing - what I've said for a long time is that we need to lobby municipalities to enforce their codes about being liscensed. They already have them on the books (most of them). If these scubs know they'll get a $500 ticket or a $1000 fine, they won't do this. They won't plunk the money down to be legit.
    If there were more enforcement about operating without a liscense, there wouldn't be any scrubs at all.

7. Metro Lawn

Metro Lawn LawnSite Silver Member

Funny thing, but check out how many of the "bigger" companies don't carry the proper permits ect. There is no penalty, so they don't even bother with them.

8. Mike's Lawn & Snow

Yea it should of been taken care of a long time ago but now as Michigan's economy gets shittier and shittier more and more people are like hey I can cut lawn's to!! So now more then ever all of us non lowballer companies need to come together and put our foot down with the city and say hey listen these guys are out here with no insurance no license if enough people get together they have to listen to us. I actually have a few jobs in SCS that they ask me they want to see my license to mow in the city which i have no problem showing them i wish everybody would ask that!!! I want to know what the proper steps are of anonymously reporting these guys

9. Outdoor Services

Outdoor Services LawnSite Senior Member

I agree! I don't cut in SCS. I had the owner of the Fast Track at Masonic and Jefferson wanted me to cut his station. Told him no, Co's need a license to mow in this city. I was passing thru down Jefferson stopped to fule up mowers on way over to cemetary that I mow in Roseville. To far out of my area, son't even want the cemetary, but its the working for the family thing:)
    Gota take care of them!
    But yes I agree 100%. If any one from SCS aproches me about work I'll post it on here...

10. Mike's Lawn & Snow

do you hvae to be licensed in roseville?