1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Michigan LCO's

Discussion in 'Network: Central' started by tiedeman, Sep 4, 2003.

1. CamLand

CamLand LawnSite Bronze Member

so why do you do it?

2. Trevors Lawn Care

Trevors Lawn Care LawnSite Bronze Member

for the $3700 tuition remembersement. Have been sitting here wondering if it is worth it as of late..

Trevor

3. CamLand

ok,so next question then.why do you do lawn cuttting?

4. Trevors Lawn Care

for a couple reasons
    1) i have done it since i was 12, its quick easy money.
    2) i love the outdoors
    3) i wanted experience in owning my own business, because i plan on doing it when i am older.
    4) to put myself through college

why do you do grass cutting?

5. Trevors Lawn Care

5) to pay for the stuff listed at the bottom

6. Expert Lawns

Expert Lawns LawnSite Silver Member

Trevor, you can mow 2-3 lawns by yourself before sundown if you start at 8? Pretty small lawns?

7. CamLand

trevor how many lawns do you have?

8. mtdman

mtdman LawnSite Gold Member

I have 35 lawns left to do this week. Very possible, if it doesn't rain Sat or Sun. If not, I'll be finishing them up first part of the week. Nothing I can do about it. But, if it does rain, I'm sleeping all day.
    :D

9. RedWingsDet

RedWingsDet LawnSite Gold Member
    from Detroit

if it rains all weekend, i think i will have to sub the rest of mine out (only 15 to go, i gut the rest thursday b4 the rain) or get some employees that actually know what to do and how to trim,edge,cut!!! cause the ones i have now are just freinds looking for work, they do okay work, but i have to explain everything to them, and if i have to rush against the weather, i mine as well get someone who is experienced and can work fast and good and knows what they are doing. hopefully it wont rain for about 4 hours tommarow so i can get the 15done!!! im going to be sooo pist if i wake up tommarow morning and its raining!!

10. Trevors Lawn Care

OH YA, the ones i was talking about here i can knock off in about 45 minutes. There is no drive time between them, just 30 seconds down the street, unload, and cut em...I have 7 jobs all in that area. The others will take some time.

trevor how many lawns do you have?
    just signed #39 yesterday, and i have another guy who i did the first cut so he could see if he liked it, so that will be #40. Like i stated in many other posts, my average per lawn is only about $26 so they are not big at all. These I am doing solo on a wednesday-thursday-friday gig. I was at only two days,but stretched em out to be able to do a better job. Those jobs will be at 2 days in 5 days when my hired help finally graduates.

Trevor