Michigan LCO's

Discussion in 'Network: Central' started by tiedeman, Sep 4, 2003.

1. Five Star Lawn Care LLC

Five Star Lawn Care LLC LawnSite Bronze Member

thought you were getting that 12 foot mower for your Bobcat?,,,,,that should be able to go through that :hammerhead: :hammerhead:

2. macomb-lawn

macomb-lawn LawnSite Senior Member

Uhm...

Bobcat weighs in at 10,000 pounds and it's going to go in a wet ditch to cut grass :hammerhead: Yeah, I don't think so. We'd have to wrap a chain around the bobcat and drag it thru the entire ditch when it sinks to the frame. :hammerhead:

A walk behind will sink in this. It's gonna have to be done by weedwhip more or less. Any machine will just sink. Make sure to wear boots if you do it. You'll go knee deep in mud. it's a ditch. It's always wet, especially if it's been raining.

3. Mower For Less

Mower For Less LawnSite Senior Member

Chainsaws and Machetes! LOL (And no, that wasnt a sign of interest in the job, only a suggestion)

Kevin

4. Smithers

Smithers LawnSite Silver Member

is Embark the same? is it made by PBI gordon? pardon my ignorance.

5. Tscape

Tscape LawnSite Bronze Member

Yes and yes.

6. Jason Pallas

Jason Pallas LawnSite Bronze Member

Anyone even thinking of cutting that ditch better check with the DEQ or DNR to make sure that it's not on the Wetland survey. If it is and you do get caught, you can't even imagine the trouble that's headed your way. The state is really strict about that kinda stuff. Just a FYI - hate to see someone get into that kinda trouble.

7. Tscape

Tscape LawnSite Bronze Member

That is what I was thinking. Reeds are the final destination for most pollutants, especially heavy metals. If it is a wetland that is managed the reeds must be harvested, not just cut down and left to return the pollutants to the soil/ground water.

8. macomb-lawn

macomb-lawn LawnSite Senior Member

The property owner said it wasn't wetlands. He said that the city usually cuts it, but they won't get involved unless water stops flowing in the ditch.

9. lawnboy

lawnboy LawnSite Senior Member

I am so mad, we got sod on thurs at 4pm and laid it the next morning all day, and half the crap is dead today. All the lawns have irrigation too. I'm wondering if the rain on the sod over night thurs had something to do with it, because when we were laying it it seemed awfully hot. Either that or it was sitting at the sod farm for a long time. pisses me off

10. Five Star Lawn Care LLC

Five Star Lawn Care LLC LawnSite Bronze Member

never let sod sit over night when its this hot....it retains so much heat moisture through the day that it cooks it self at night.....blade tips probably looked very deep green to a pupleish brown when you were installing them ....and you could probably see every fold mark was yellowing....

you minds as well rip it all up and redo it before it really looks bad